spam email

maagee79

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Has anyone else received an email today from someone that retrieved the address from this site? I received one that was a form type email from a woman asking all kinds of questions and information about me. It was like a she was trying to get a date.

maagee79

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: spam email

Hey Firstly, I will tell how I found you. I was searching through sites and accidentlycame across ur pics and I thought that it is there is nothing wrong cuz people should get to know each other somehow, right?) So I am Harriette and I hope you will promote my idea and tell me your name.) As I am the first one to write then I'll tell you a little bit about myself. So, I'm very interesting girl and I'm a person who really enjoys travelling so much that I even ready to keep on walking around the whole world until that moment when I'll meet a man who I'd love for real and stay with him wherever he goes and whatever happens. Dreaming is not prohibited, right?) sure, you might think that it sounds more like wishful thinking, but I really think so.) Alright, I love meeting new interesting people who may tell me plenty of exciting stories about their lives and so on. So, what kind of man are you? You r cute, for sure) What are you interesting in? I hope you won't ignore the letter and you'd write me back.) I the perfect time to write me back is... uhm... on the next day?)) I am really excited about your answer. Please, write me back. Keep in touch

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

That is the Primary Reason for this Forum Rule......

7. Username, avatar or signature shall not contain business names, websites
links​
or personal info.
Links to boating related educational material may be allowed.​
Do not post your personal contact information such as email address, home address, home phone numbers, etc. on the forums. If you must share that information with someone, use Private Messages.

Many member's use the same user name on multiple forums so....... if you belong to other forums I would tend to say they are at fault. The moderators keep a sharp eye out to protect the identity of the members.

Looks like you have a "stalking admirer" :eek:

foodfisher

Captain

It goes something like this, correspondence is proof of a relationship to immigration. Then an offer from her big brother of $10K to marry her and make her a citizen. Then her family follows her to the good ole USA. If you don't like it, it's later Charlie, we're still here.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Is your screenname maagee79 part of your email address? If so, the spammers will try every domain email with that name in front of it in case they get a match.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Reminds me of one of my Mom's favorite sayings, "Fool's names and fool's faces are often seen in public places." I guess that goes for Email addresses, too.

Mom couldn't have had any idea of the dangers of the net.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Hey Firstly, I will tell how I found you. I was searching through sites and accidentlycame across ur pics and I thought that it is there is nothing wrong cuz people should get to know each other somehow, right?) So I am Harriette and I hope you will promote my idea and tell me your name.) As I am the first one to write then I'll tell you a little bit about myself. So, I'm very interesting girl and I'm a person who really enjoys travelling so much that I even ready to keep on walking around the whole world until that moment when I'll meet a man who I'd love for real and stay with him wherever he goes and whatever happens. Dreaming is not prohibited, right?) sure, you might think that it sounds more like wishful thinking, but I really think so.) Alright, I love meeting new interesting people who may tell me plenty of exciting stories about their lives and so on. So, what kind of man are you? You r cute, for sure) What are you interesting in? I hope you won't ignore the letter and you'd write me back.) I the perfect time to write me back is... uhm... on the next day?)) I am really excited about your answer. Please, write me back. Keep in touch

What exactly in THAT email makes you think that it is anything to do with THIS site and not the Checkmate site?

JRJ

Commander

If she sends you a picture of her boat, you know she is serious :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I gave her your email address.
She is my ex-wife.
Good luck.