south beach diet

crab bait

Captain
been on for 8 weeks an weighed today.. i lost 22 lbs.. from 222 to 200...<br /><br />not hard to do.. don't even think of it as a diet.. <br /><br />an JUST now consider myself in weight loss mode.. the past 8 weeks was just paliminary..<br /><br />it works..

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: south beach diet

Ok I'll Byte.. whats a south beach diet?? :)

gaugeguy

Captain

My mom has lost 32 pounds and my brother has lost 25 on the SBD. I don't know much about it other than it is working for them...and they are not the most active people in the world.<br /><br />Kinda bums me and my boys out. Gram's house used to be loaded with goodies and sweets, not anymore :( But her health is more important than our sweet tooth, so more power to them.

LadyFish

Admiral

Other than Weight Watchers, its one of the safest, healthiest diets out there. Bottom line--limit your consumption of bad carbs. This diet seems to be much safer than Atkins with better long term affects.

crab bait

Captain

yeah buddy,, it kills me when people,news, media glumps this diet in with the rest.i.e. atkins an such..<br /><br />it's just a diet of good food.. it's that simple.. LOTSA GOOD CARBS.. LOTSA GOOD FATS...<br /><br />i relate it to a diet of our great grand folks.. real food.. but no whites such as sugar ,starches, heroine.. :) .. an keep what you do eat in the lower glycemic index .GI. <br />apple over say watermelon ...<br /><br />no counting of nuthin'...carbs or calories..

Link

Rear Admiral

Thanks for the info and the "Link" <br />The reason it caught my eye was that my wife went on the atkins diet a couple years ago. (When it was poo poo-ed and not popular at all) Yea that was only two years ago. She lost a lot of weight but then stabeled out about 20 lbs from where she wants to be. This was a year ago. Even though she exercises she has stayed the same weight. She also cheats a lot several times a week. Little stuff but, I DONT blame her a bit! I'm the cook and I cheat almost daily just to make meals taste good. And because its such a strick diet any cheating at all is taboo!<br />Time for a change I think. Just read the first two pages on the SBD and it looks good so far.<br />Will make a post on changes if made.<br />Thanks<br /><br />Richard, the order was shipped wednesday and should be here today. Will update lubedudes post with company info tonight

LubeDude

Admiral

I started the Atkins about three months ago, and lost 25 #s Ive been on a freeze now for about three weeks. I guess you could say that I am now more following the SBD more than the atkins, I havnt gained any back though.