source for hinges

elhombre

Seaman
Looking for hinges for the fishbox on my '91 20' Grady White overnighter. 2 boxes, 4 hinges, 1 of the 4 is missing. They're aluminum "T" type hinges, 2 3/4"W X 1"L, 2 countersunk, machine screws w/fiber self-locking nuts per leaf. I'd like to go with stainless steal, although the style/shape is critical as the lid and deck are molded to accept that specific hinge. Grady White doesn't have record of hardware for specific boats (maybe age has something to do with it). I appreciate any ideas as my search continues...

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: source for hinges

Something doesn't sound right. I've owned a 86 Overnighter and now a 97 Seafarer and the hinges on both where stainless steel and thru bolted. :confused:

elhombre

Seaman

Something doesn't sound right. I've owned a 86 Overnighter and now a 97 Seafarer and the hinges on both where stainless steel and thru bolted. :confused:
Yo dingbat, thanks for the response. I bought the boat @ 3 years ago, the hinge was missing at the time. They are thru bolted, and they are aluminum. I was down at Tri State yesterday, no luck, and not much encouragement either. Guess I'll root around Fairwinds used stuff next, They'll turn up somewhere.

elhombre

Seaman

Broused fairwinds after work today, no luck. Open to suggestions and still in search of a hinge or hinges- thanks for checkin out the thread, mike.

Bob's Garage

Chief Petty Officer

If you could post some pictures, with a ruler for reference I could look at a U-pull it boat yard here in Lakeland, Fl.

Bob

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

check out McMaster Carr supply (mcmaster.com) they are a supply house that has all sorts of hinge types in all kinds of materials....

elhombre

Seaman

Thanks to all for the responses. Been a little "side-tracked" with car issues of late. I will be checking out the new resources as soon as I get some "down time" at work (wink-wink, nod-nod). Will post results, and pics if I can figure it out- Thanks All, Mike