Sound Recorder

bigmarc66

Seaman
Anybody know a good downloadable sound recorder. I play guitar and have trying to find a recorder that records good quality without having to spend any money. Last time i recorded i basically just used the windows recorder and stretched out the 60 second blocks to the point where I could record a long time. Doesn't need to have anything fancy, I just wanna be able to save the files and throw them on a cd. (nice cheap holiday gift:))

ThumbPkr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Sound Recorder

I wonder if Windows MovieMaker might work for you.It records the audio through your soundcard when dubbing movies.
I also use Nero to view the output from my camcorder but there are other freebies to look at if you don't have any luck with those I have mentioned.
For convenience you could record to a tape player or VCR first but DBAmp or many others will do the job for you.Ron G

4poco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

http//:www.rocknaudio.com Download their free editor, does allot of things

Use it all the time for all audio stuff. I donot work for this company nor trying to promote thier products. But this editor Works, simple as that and Free !!

whywhyzed

Banned

Goldwave.ca is my favourite for recording guitar - the free version has noise reduction and all sorts of stuff that Audacity and some other popular ones don't have in the trial version.
control.png

The control panel is intuitive and can be simplified or you can see the whole myriad of effects available. The pitching is very analog and is great for playing along with a song that is tuned down half a step. My electric has a floating bridge and tuning that distance is painful.
If I wasn't on dial up I'd offer a sample of some of the stuff I've recorded with it. I did a couple of very pro-sounding things just with my Takamine acoustic into a cheapie condenser mic I have.
For electric I run from my Vox Tonelab straight into the mic input on my pc.
It also interfaces with my Line6 guitarport -just a case of configuring the gp as the input device in setup or something - I forget exactly what I had to do but it was easy. It musta been or it wouldn't have happenned :)