Sound Familiar?

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer
This is really my life! <br /><br />Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated <br />Attention Deficit Disorder. <br /><br />This is how it manifests: <br /><br />I decide to wash my car. <br /><br />As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on <br />the hall table. <br /><br />I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. <br /><br />I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the <br />trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is <br />full. <br /><br />So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out <br />the trash first. <br /><br />But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I <br />take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first. <br /><br />I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only <br />one check left <br /><br />My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk <br />where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking. <br /><br />I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the <br />Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. <br /><br />I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put <br />it in the refrigerator to keep it cold. <br /><br />As I head toward the kitchen with the coke a vase of flowers on <br />the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered. <br /><br />I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading <br />glasses that I've been searching for all morning. <br /><br />I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going <br />to water the flowers. <br /><br />I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container <br />with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. <br /><br />Someone left it on the kitchen table. <br /><br />I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be <br />looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on <br />the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where <br />it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. <br /><br />I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on <br />the floor. <br /><br />So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels <br />and wipe up the spill. <br /><br />Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was <br />planning to do. <br /><br />At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't <br />paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the <br />flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my <br />checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, <br />and I don't remember what I did with the car keys. <br /><br />Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm <br />really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm <br />really tired. <br /><br />I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some <br />help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail. <br /><br />Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message to everyone you <br />know, because I don't remember to whom it has been sent <br /><br />Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming! <br /><br />GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. <br />GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. <br />LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Sound Familiar?

Sounds to me, like its just that your "Short Term Memory Span" is shot to doodoo.<br /><br />Isn't that what what pot smokers suffer from?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Been there, done that....<br /><br />Where are those darn car keys??<br /><br />Ken

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hey, I call that "Too many irons in the fire" Make a list, and git-r-done!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Uhhh why was I answering this post........... Oh do you live at my house or just watching me?

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Bob_VT:<br /> Uhhh why was I answering this post........... Oh do you live at my house or just watching me?
What post?

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think that's how the remote ended up on the table in the first place.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds entirely too familiar, I think - or was that yesterday's mail. Oh, hell - who cares :p

KaGee

Admiral

Yep, the truck still needs washed.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

This reminds me of a friend of mine. He's an old wharf rat who has a 35' boat with an old diesel in it. He can't really work on it much and depends on friends to help him keep it seaworthy. I was helping him change the starter out. Laying on my stomach on the deck stretching down to undo the old one, I realized I needed another size wrench. I said "Mac, go get me that full set of wrenches in your garage." Not wanting to let go of what I was holding I waited...and waited. After about 10 minutes I heard the lawnmower fire up. The old goat had forgot what he was after but decided since he was in the garage he might as well get the mower out and mow the lawn. :rolleyes: I love him like a brother but he drives me crazy sometimes.

dolluper

Captain

Geez's I just forgot what to write ahhhh same boat

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

yall quit talking bout me. man this sounds familair for some reason. maybe ill just go fishing. but Ill feed the cats first :)