Sorry for the absence...

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey everyone. Have not been on here in a while, and I do apologize for that. However we had a new addition to the family and to be to be honest, as many of you already know, have had my hands full!
However I have answered tons of emails that have been sent from people who have found this site and emailed me that way, so I am glad I have been able to still help that way.
With that said, spring is here and boats are starting to come out of the freeze! If anyone ever has any questions feel free to ask. We still stock a full line of parts for the 9teen, and also stock a full line of answers :) This forum is a great tool with positive members like Ziggy who are always willing to help.

I hope everyone has a great year, and let me know if we can ever help.

Take care everyone.
Scott

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sorry for the absense...

Glad to see you back. I hope you are enjoying that new project every minute. They tend to stay around longer now than when I was one.

ziggy

Admiral

agreed w/ db. great to see ya back AristoCraft. congrats on the new addition to your family.... don't let db scare ya though. when mine got done with high school. he was gone within 2 weeks. hasn't returned since. though i did have a nice surprise last sunday. splashed lime time for the first time this year. had to go by myself as the 'ol lady couldn't go. but while i was out i got a call from my boy. he and his gf wanted to come out for ride, which they did. sweet. he don't usually wanna come out so it was a very nice surprise. they did come out and we had a good time. they are fun....

hope all is going well for you and the family. which it sounds like it is.. ;);)...

thanks for the nice words. anything i can do to help for the lucky folks that have an AristoCraft. i will chime in... ya know i'm hooked... best boat since sliced bread... i been out twice so far. and so far, no issues... so i'm thinking things are looking good for another season.... went out on some kinda cool windy days too. sure is great hiding under a hardtop.... :D the other few folks that were out sure looked kinda miserable in their br's and fishing boats trying to stay kinda warm..... :D

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

My grandson and his buddies were under the cover yesterday wanting to go tubing. I told him we could try for the end of the month for a few days. The water will be cold though. My wife called about an hour ago wanting to strike out for Quachita. I hope this season is as busy as we want.

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have two kids now, and love the fact that they enjoy time with me (well my new addition has no choice at this time) but my son does. I remember when i left for college I rarely saw family. But it was also at that time I learned to appreciate them more. Cant wait to watch them grow! I still have to put the OMC outdrive back on my boat. I pulled it to replace the water imepeller, and then got busy and still need to install it. although i was thinking of doing another small block swap into one instead.... Last nineteen we did would run 72mph with the 5.7!!!

ziggy

Admiral

although i was thinking of doing another small block swap into one instead.... Last nineteen we did would run 72mph with the 5.7!!!
:eek::eek::eek:

got any pics scott? 72 mph sounds scary fast... sure would like to see a v8 installed in a nineteen... was it an engineering feat to be overcome? what'd ya have for a drive? an arneson? ;) how'd she handle... tell us more....

aristocraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will have to dig around and see if I have some pictures of the swap. It was actually pretty easy. The hardest part was actually just cutting the motor box in half and having to widen it, as well, as narrowing the rear seats. The drive was an alpha one. it ran great, sat really low in the back. I think if i was to do it again, I would probably opt for the 4.3 v-6, shed some weight. the V-8 was overkill for sure, but that was the point! It was a rocket ship and actually rode great at the high speeds. however I do not condone anyone doing this in any manner. It was strictly experimental :)

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

OK, now we HAVE to have pics and a write up on the build. If you thought you were busy before. The hounding will not cease.

Brianh

Cadet

I'm just curious when you guys are going to start a new run of Nineteens. The wood boats are beautiful but would be nice to see new Nineteens.