Sony PS2 :( :(

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Anybody else hate this (edit)? I get the dreaded disc read errors constantly. I have researched quite a bit and it all points to the same things- Out of adjustment lens and dirts lens. Those are easy enough to fix but the problem shouldn'r even be there. Sony denies there is a problem and will not correct this out of warrenty. They say that there has not been a widespread complaint on this issue. Look up "playstation2 disc read error" on google and you'll see what I'm talking about.

11 footer

Lieutenant
Re: Sony PS2 :( :(

It never happend to mine, maybe its because I don't use it much.<br /><br />I use is less then once a week, their has been a hand full of time when it froze, but that was it.

Homerr

Commander

I don't own a PS2, but I read about that problem too.<br /><br />You see some of those consoles on EBay being sold with that problem as broken and/or parts.<br /><br />H.

outboardguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mine was doing that when I purchased it NEW, Sony fixed it under warranty.After a couple years it was back to it's old tricks, so I took it apart and cleaned the lens with a Q-tip doused in alcohol.Works fine now!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Sorry JB, I didn't realize I put something up there that shouldn't have been. Truly an oversight on my part this time.

LubeDude

Admiral

Dont have PS2, but when I had my last knee surgery, I bought a used PS1, (before the PS2 came out) I allways liked watching my son play Grand Torismo, but never could do well because of my age and hadnt played at all, but It was fun. Well, before long, actually about a month, I could beat him once in awhile. I liked the way you could modify the cars, and my automotive experience helped me set the suspension so they would handle. The graphics are so good now on the Games, its hard to believe. Dont have time for such things anymore.

one more cast

Captain

I have a PS2 and we use it almost every night all winter to play a game of Hot Shots 3 golf and no problems (yet)

gaugeguy

Captain

Yup, had that problem too, especially with the discs that are dark colored. I got it to work for awhile by running the console in the vertical position, but after a month or so it started doing it again. I too finally took it apart and cleaned the lens and no problems since.

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Apparently it affects ones older than a couple of years. Mysteriously, Sony seems to have corrected the, ahem, non-existent problem. The only way I found to fix ours was to wait until our youngest knocked the darn thing off the TV and into a hundered pieces on the floor. It quickly stopped frustrating me at that point. ;o)