Sonar Problems

I have an EAGLE Fish I.D. 128 Fish finder/Sonar. It powered up fine on land when I was putting my boat together for the year, but when I put my boat in the water for the first time and tried it, I heard the startup beep and got a black line across the screen. This line disappeard and the unit failed to power up. Now I can get the startup beep but it still won't start up. Any suggestions on what might be wrong or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks,<br /><br /><br />FISH I.D. 128 Serial #7731184

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Sonar Problems

Ahoy, Redbeard.<br /><br />Check your system voltage. It may be too high or too low for the Eagle.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Dman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check your connections at the battery. If they are not really tight and clean I can get mine to beep but not turn on either. I think that may be the culprit.<br />D

Bayrider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Capt. <br /> Try cleaning the power and transducer plugs and pins on the back of the unit, then spray with WD40.

Thanks for the advice guys, I just now got it to work again, I think it was the battery connections.Thanks<br /><br />Capt Redbeard