Sometimes us Guys do win!

Link

Rear Admiral
I was reading a post by LadyFish "The Silent Treatment"<br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=005440 <br /><br />True Story and I'm sure for everyone of these I can think of Mrs Link will have 20 more that I don't want or care to know about :) <br /><br />It reminded me of this: <br />Firday afternoon after work in the late 80s and my wife comming home from work spots my truck and Keiths jeep in the parking lot of the local cafe. She bops in and some how the conversation changes to projects around the home. Six months before we had bought everything we needed to extend our 3ft fence to 6ft. And that week (summer time) we had also bought everything we needed to paint the house.<br />After 6 months I had only done 70ft of the 210ft fence so she makes me a bet.<br /><br />She says that she can paint the house before I can finish the fence! I tell her NO-WAY! She says the LOOSER has to buy Dinner! <br />So I agree and she leaves the cafe.<br /><br />Keith looks at me with this weird look on his face. And asked me why I just made a bet that I'm going to loose! I didn't say anything so he starts explaining:<br /><br />This is Friday, and only 5pm.. it stays light until 10pm and she is going to start as soon as she gets home.<br /><br />Tomorrow we are going fishing at 5am and won't get back until after 10pm. Then we are going to do "Guys Night Out" and won't get home until 2:30am<br /><br />You wont get out of bed until at least 9am.. and she will almost be finished! Why did you make a bet that you can't win!<br /><br />I looked at him and said, hey we really do need to paint the house. I don't give a darn if I ever finish that fence. And a $20.00 dinner is pretty cheap labor to get your whole house painted!<br /><br /> :D :D :D <br /><br />PS I lost the bet but caught some nice Bass!

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Sometimes us Guys do win!

6.gif
That really is a funny story Link.

aspeck

Staff member

You better hope Mrs. Link don't read this or her services are going to be coming at a much higher price from now on! :eek:

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Yep, that was good Link. How did the paint job turn out? Good? or great?<br />Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral

Bassy it turned out Great since I didn't have to do it :D