Something for my Christian Friends

SoulWinner

Commander
Here is a nice web page that was sent to me, and hope my fellow Christian iBoaters like it too.<br /><br /> Something Nice <br /><br />Merry Christmas everyone!

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Something for my Christian Friends

"your imaginary friend..."

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

That is very nice.<br /><br />What a friend we have in Jesus!<br /><br />theriver,<br />I don't know you from Adam's house cat, but don't knock Jesus until you've sincerely and honestly examined His Word and asked yourself, "could any of this be true?"<br /><br />Every believer, including myself, at one time was an unbeliever.

SoulWinner

Commander

This is for theriver:<br /><br />"Meaning no disrespect to the religious convictions of others, I still can't help wondering how we can explain away what to me is the greatest miracle of all and which is recorded in history. No one denies there was such a man, that he lived and that he was put to death by crucifixion. Where...is the miracle I spoke of? Well consider this and let your imagination translate the story into our own time -- possibly to your own hometown. A young man whose father is a carpenter grows up working in his father's shop. One day he puts down his tools and walks out of his father's shop. He starts preaching on street corners and in the nearby countryside, walking from place to place, preaching all the while, even though he is not an ordained minister. He never gets farther than an area perhaps 100 miles wide at the most. He does this for three years. Then he is arrested, tried and convicted. There is no court of appeal, so he is executed at age 33 along with two common thieves. Those in charge of his execution roll dice to see who gets his clothing -- the only possessions he has. His family cannot afford a burial place for him so he is interred in a borrowed tomb. End of story? No, this uneducated, propertyless young man who...left no written word has, for 2,000 years, had a greater effect on the world than all the rulers, kings, emperors; all the conquerors, generals and admirals; all the scholars, scientists and philosophers who have ever lived -- all of them put together. How do we explain that? ...nless he really was what he said he was." --Ronald Reagan <br /><br /><br />Those words are from a much greater man than I am. He was a much better Christian too. Me, well, if you called Jesus my "imaginary friend" to my face, I would kick you half to death. Yep, I'm that kind of Christian, I don't take any crap, never have, never will, especially off little trolling twerps like you.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

theriver, May G-d bless you in all that you may decide to do for Him and may He also give you what you truly deserve in this life.. One day you WILL understand...

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

oh man.. here we go again. I have to say this .. soulwinner don't get too upset. I believe in Jesus although I'm not a devout christian. But I think that a person has as much right to call Jesus an 'imaginary friend', if that is his belief, as you and I have to tell him that HE is real. So I don't think you'd have the right to kick anyone half to death for his belief anymore than he has to do it to you for your belief.

SoulWinner

Commander

ae708, <br /><br />You are right, I don't have a legal right to whoop anybodies behind, that is why I also don't have a problem spending time in jail (outside of the food, jail food really sux).

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

It seems to me that someone a long time ago was persecuted and crucified for his beliefs. Looks like some christians want to do the same thing to theriver for his beliefs. Doesn't sound like the christian way to me.

SoulWinner

Commander

I have left theriver alone so far. He has posted some provocative stuff, most of it pretty sophomoric, and I have left it all alone. So I post, and label the header clearly for my Christian friends on iBoats, and here comes the little twit to flame on me. Ok, He flamed on me, ae708, and I ain't gonna lay down like his b1tch. Maybe theriver should give the mods a Christmas present and FO for the holidays.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Its amazing how peaceful one can become when adopting an extreme Christian lifestyle. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Merry Christmas.

SoulWinner

Commander

Up yours theriver. This post was not for you, yet you stepped into it, with me. Get bent.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

As an aside, do you think if one made a post with a heading: <br />"Something for my Agnostic Friends" or<br />"Something for my Atheist Friends" <br />would get a response from anyone on the site? I would certainly think so...particularly if it was done in the manner that your slideshow displayed. <br />I wasn't offended by your post, but if it lasted about 5 seconds longer I would have put my fingers into the back of my throat and relieved myself of the gag reflexes I was experiencing.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Come on guys, it's Christmas. Let it go.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thank you SW my friend.<br />Happy holidays to you and your's also.