Someone To Fish With

JLEE08

Cadet
I need to find someone who likes to fish, my girl :rolleyes:doesn't want me to take the boat out alone.....(AFFRAID I MIGHT GET HURT)........,so i am looking for a fishing partner.....I like freshwater fishing, but i do some saltwater fishing in Homosassa and Crystalriver. if you are interested in going fishing, please feel free to contact me.....i live in Inverness,fl. and i fish in this area.......have a great day!!!!!!!!!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Someone To Fish With

You need to lose the capitals, JLee, and provide more information. Inverness Scotland, Florida, North Carolina or some other state?

JLEE08

Cadet

Thanks JB. i didn't see the caps were on.......and thanks for letting me know i didn't put the state in either....DUH...on me....lol

j_martin

Admiral

I needed a fishing partner, too. I talked my wife into going with me. Got on some nice calm water known for largemouth bass. Fixed her up with an effective do-nothing lure (Heavily scented, salty sinking plastic worm, rigged wacky) on fairly heavy, but easy to use tackle. (closed face, 14 lb mono) and showed her where to throw it, then purposely always threw my lure in less productive water. She caught a couple of nice bass.

Now my main problem is consistently outfishing her. Luck is about the only card that plays. Last week I stumbled into a school of good bass, and the poor gal netted a limit for me before she could get her line wet. If she had gotten the first one, it would have been the other way around.

Consideration for her is all it takes now. She is hurt by wave pounding, so we slow down and get some spray instead, and the bass boat runs decent at half throttle. It doesn't have to go WOT.

hope it helps
John

jonesg

Admiral

Ditch her and find a fishing buddy for the right reasons.(wears a bikini).:D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks JB. i didn't see the caps were on.......and thanks for letting me know i didn't put the state in either....DUH...on me....lol

Hahaha! :) Didn't put the state in this time either. :D

I dont understand the "afraid you might get hurt" stuff. You could tell her that because zillions more people"get hurt" driving cars you dont want her going out in her car alone...I bet she doesnt use the same logic about this... If your boat isnt so big you cant put it in and out by yourself you best get another boat. Tell the girl that going out on the water is a man thing and for her to focus on that.

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I take my wife out all the time, but she seems to find her way home every time.:D I do like fishing alone at times (some down time to just be quiet), but it's always better to have someone to fish with or you know hand me a beer. " might get hurt" ? If it's an age thing then I do understand her worry. If it's inexperience, tell he your only getting better. If your around Bradenton FL drop me a pm and I'll take ya out. Oh one more thing JLEE08 can Ya swim?:eek:

tallcanadian

Captain

I know how you feel jlee. My wife enjoys fishing but I know she usually goes only for me. I know she wouldn't go every weekend. I don't have any 'fishing' buddies so I too go alone a lot.

blackhorse

Seaman Apprentice

I too need a fishing buddy for the same reason as you. Move to Tallahassee and our problem is solved.

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

I feel ya JLEE, My wife is not a boat person, she will go just to make me happy, but really, I'm not happy with that. My Sons are different like night and day. One will be there bored as heck, while the other loves it. I can't get out with my oldest Son, who loves it, he's a work-a-holic, so I have reduced to having a Great Time taking out the boat and fishing alone. My problem now is not having a digital TV to watch Football while out on the hook. Your girlfriends concern about you being out alone is and can be warranted. Unless you are confident in your boat-tism, take a friend. It sounds like she cares for you and your safety....that's a good thing. I'm sure there are folks hanging around the launch who would love to go out with ya.....but ya just don't know which one of them is a Serial Killer....Muhahahahaaaaaaa!....sorry.
Bait for thought...

Fish

puddle jumper

Captain

Pick me PICK ME please my boat motor is broken and the coho are running. One of the largest runs in years and i am missing it. :eek::(