someone please help!

jagged

Seaman Apprentice
I've posted about 2 times. I just have a carb leak and need a little help. My 85' merc 35hp has started dripping from the bottom from the main nozzle area. It's not a real bad drip but it has made a little puddle in the motor. The motor cranks and runs well. We squeezed the fuel alot in there could that be it. And the main reason i posted is we wanna go fishing tommorrow and wanna know if it's alright to do that? What can i do to fix it?

S.T. Marine

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: someone please help!

Does it leak when running, Tilted up or just sitting. Those are prone to leak when sitting and tilted up. If you are worried about making a mess just stuff a rag in there for the weekend and find out where the leak is. Probably just a gasket or stuck float

jagged

Seaman Apprentice
Re: someone please help!

I kinda drips a little from the bottom and then we started it and it dripped from the same spot. I kinda dripped out of the body when we reved it up but i was sqeezing gas into it as it did it. It runs good like i said i'm just trying to make sure i won't blow the engine up if we go fishing cause i just got it. Thanks for the help!