Somebody is gonna be ticked.

Twidget

Commander
I just returned from the quicky oil change place. The wifes car was overdue for a change.<br /><br />Everyone seemed to be geting in and out quicker than I, so I looked out the window to check on the car. They had it in the back parking lot with the hood up. <br /><br />My first thought was uh oh, what did they break. I walked out and they had a fuel injector cleaner bottle hanging from the hood. I asked the guy what he was doing and he said cleaning the injectors. I told him all I wanted was an oil change.<br /><br />He gets this really sick look on his face and says that he asked the 'old man' that owned the car if he wanted the service. I told him that I am the old man that owns this car and I definitely didnt order the service. They check and find out that indeed a customer who had already left ordered and paid for the service.<br /><br />I got a free $70 fuel injector service, but I would be willing to bet they dont contact the other guy to tell him. <br /><br />I am now remembering why it is that I usually stand by the entrance and watch them like a hawk.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Somebody is gonna be ticked.

What does a fuel injector service consists of? :confused:

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

It depends Twidget.<br />My best friend is the manager of an Xpr.....Oh can't say that can I?<br /><br />He would make the guy call the customer and have them come back at the customer's convenience. Probably refund the price and give him a discount on his next service.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Twidget

Commander

They had a bottle of solvent hooked into a connector on the throttle body from the look of it. I dont know if it does any real good, but it sure makes the exhaust stink.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Lucas injector cleaner?<br />Thats what the local Chevy garage uses.<br />Or, the do the thorough teardown and clean.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah $5 for the seafoam and $65 to stick it where the sun don't shine, under your hood. :) <br /><br />probably all it was.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Stiff Nibbles:<br />
Yeah $5 for the seafoam and $65 to stick it where the sun don't shine, under your hood. :) <br /><br />probably all it was.
$5.00 for SeaFaom? Where can I buy it for that? I pay between $8 & $9 for a can.<br /><br />As for the fuel injector service, I can't say about your experience. But when I performed it at one dealership I worked at ther ewer ethree steps to the service. If it doesn't get edited we used BG Products. The first step is to use a solvent and run it into the intake AIR stream. If it is done correctly it cleans the carbon and coking from the throttle plate, intake plenum and valves. It also cleans any mass-airflow sensor that your car may have. The second step is run through the fuel injectors. If done right it is all that fuels your engine for about 10-25 mins. The third step in actually a fuel tank additive. Many other brands are administered similarly. The whole process requires 30-60 mins.<br /><br />And YES, the process does work. I have a 1995 Chevy Blazer. When I first used the service I was unimpressed. I ran the service and then drove the 45 miles home. About half-way home I wnet to pass a car. Instead of having to stomp on it and have the tranny downshift and the engine run 4000r's, the trans downshifted or unlocked the torque-convertor (couldn't tell) and the engine only ran about 3000r's. In short, I had much better power, quicker response, and better fuel economy to boot. I went from 19mpg on the highway drive to 21-22mpg.<br /><br />I will be adding that service to my repair shop here soon. Based on my experience, I would certainly recommend the fuel injector service, if I knew it was done properly, which in my shop it will be. And I think $70.00 is a bargain, around here the service I described is regularly $110-$130.