Some People!

NYMINUTE

Captain
Have you ever run into these people?? I know I have!!<br />><br />> YOUR JOB IS SAFE AS LONG AS THESE PEOPLE ARE OUT<br />> THERE, and you know they are.<br />> ONE. Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the<br />> menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12<br />> Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets.<br />> "We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager<br />> at the counter. "You don't?" I replied. "We only have<br />> six, nine, or twelve," was the reply. "So I can't<br />> order a half dozen nuggets, but I can<br />> order six?" "That's right." So I shook my head and<br />> ordered six McNuggets.<br />> -----------------------------------------------------------------------<br />> TWO. I was checking out at the local Walmart with<br />> just a few items and the lady behind me put her things<br />> on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those<br />> "dividers" that they keep by the cash register and<br />> placed it between our things so they wouldn't get<br />> mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she<br />> picked up the "divider," looking it all over for the<br />> bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar<br />> code she said to me, "Do you know how<br />> much this is?" I said to her "I've changed my mind, I<br />> don't think I'll buy that today." She said "OK," and I<br />> paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to<br />> what had just happened.<br />> ----------------------------------------------------------------------<br />> THREE. A lady at work was seen putting a credit card<br />> into her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly.<br />> When I inquired as to what she was doing, she said she<br />> was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for<br />> a credit card number, so she was using the ATM<br />> "thingy."<br />><br />> -----------------------------------------------------------------------<br />> FOUR. I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping<br />> beside her car "Do you need some help?" I asked. She<br />> replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to<br />> this remote door unlocked. Now I can't get into my<br />> car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant<br />> convenience store) would have a battery to fit this?"<br />> "Hmmm, I dunno.! Do you have an alarm, too?" I asked.<br />> "No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing<br />> it and the car keys to me. As I<br />> took the key and manually unlocked the door, I<br />> replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check<br />> about the batteries. It's a long walk."<br />> -----------------------------------------------------------------------<br />> FIVE. Several years ago, we had an Intern who was<br />> none too swift. One day she was typing and turned to a<br />> secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper.<br />> What do I do?" "Just use copier machine paper," the<br />> secretary told her. With that, the intern took her<br />> last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the<br />> photocopier and proceeded to make five "blank" copies.<br />> ----------------------------------------------------------------------<br />> SIX. My neighbor works in the operations department<br />> in the central office of a large bank. Employees in<br />> the field call him when they have problems with their<br />> computers. One night he got a call from a woman in one<br />> of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got<br />> smoke coming from the back of my terminal. Do you guys<br />> have a fire downtown?"<br />> -----------------------------------------------------------------------<br />> SEVEN. Police in Radnor, ! Pa., interrogated a suspect<br />> by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting<br />> it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message<br />> "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police<br />> pressed the copy button each time they thought the<br />> suspect wasn't telling the truth. Believing the"lie<br />> detector" was working, the suspect confessed.<br />> -----------------------------------------------------------------------<br />> "Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid!"

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Some People!

Is there some reason that all but one of your examples are women, NYM?<br /><br />You didn't mention whether they were blondes.<br /><br />LadyFish is gonna getcha! :D

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Some People!

Oh boy, I am in for it now (again) I'm hiding! Thanks for the heads up JB