Some of my brothers artwork

Kenneth Brown

Captain
We are gonna be heading to HeatWave in Austin this weekend. Its one of the biggest car shows in the state. Went last year with my brothers truck and had a good time. This year my dad decided that my brother should do some work on dads truck. As some of you may remember my brother started painting cars and trucks about a year ago. He does it on the side, just a little here and there. He's wanting to break out and do it for a living. I think he has the skills, just needs to learn the business end a little more and he's got it. Tell me what you think.<br /><br /><br />Well the photos didn't load so I put the URL's for them, sorry gang, you'll have to hit the link.<br /><br />This is just the start- 1st <br /><br /> Me doing some tape work on the door- 2nd <br /> This is an almost finished shot. He still has more graffit striping to be done and then the clear coat, wet sand,buff, and wax- 3rd <br /> <br />Everything on the truck has this scheme, except the hood and roof. Each door, rear quarter, and the tailgate has these patterns. There are 8 different graphics and so far 11 different colors.

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: Some of my brothers artwork

Well shhot, looks like I have more work to do. I gotta get these pics up.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Its working now. Sorry for the quality of the pics, the lighting really hoovers in his shop. I'll see if I can't get a good pick in the sun when he finishes.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

OMG... Your brother does awesome work!!!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Those graphic patterns are becoming a hot item on trucks. Nice work.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Thanks guys. He finished the striping and cleared it last night. Lo and behold last night I got sick at work. This morning I felt a ton better so I had to see it in person. WOW! About an hour later the shine was all gone though. He had me help him wet sand with 1000 grit to smooth any imperfections and then he's gonna clear again.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Just got back last night from the show. LONG and HOT weekend. Neither placed but the club my brother belongs to had several place so it worked out pretty good. Lots of eye candy of both types, of course I only looked at the cars and trucks. ;)