Some good news on the Fed. Deficit.

waterinthefuel

Commander
Re: Some good news on the Fed. Deficit.

No way. You mean cutting taxes means the gov't actually gets MORE revenue?

No way. It couldn't be.....

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Of course it could be, WITF.

What people don't pay in income tax gets spent and respent and respent. . . . .and taxed every time.

It is taking the money out of circulation where it cannot be retaxed as it circulates that reduces Federal revenue.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I sure hope you are being sarcastic waterinthefuel.........

Well put JB, although tax cuts could easily backfire if say everyone decides they want to "save" the money instead of spending it on goods...........

waterinthefuel

Commander

Pony said:

Well put JB, although tax cuts could easily backfire if say everyone decides they want to "save" the money instead of spending it on goods...........

I am, believe me, I am.

That's not true about the saving thing. If you save by putting it in a bank you're still helping the economy because the banks need the money to loan out to help people for various reasons, so saving it is fine too.

Only sticking it under the mattress actually hurts the economy.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Well, I guess I'll sleep well tonight.....:$

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

OOOoooooo, we're still operating in the red, just not so deep. I'm so glad that you Neocons see that as a good thing.

Now let's see....I seem to recall....now what was that awful thing that Slick Willy left for GW to deal with again? It's right on the tip of my tongue...oh yeah...a SURPLUS! That must be spelled with Four letters in the Neocon Handbook. ;)

Bondo

Staff member

Now let's see....I seem to recall....now what was that awful thing that Slick Willy left for GW to deal with again? It's right on the tip of my tongue...oh yeah...a SURPLUS! That must be spelled with Four letters in the Neocon Handbook

YOU seem to Forget that Slick Willy Also handed off a Failing Economy (aka. a Recession) that Wouldn't have supported that Illusion of a Surplus..........

You Also seem to Forget that the Total Economy of Our Great Country STOPPED for a couple of Days, at 9-11-01...............

I'd say that the Economic Recovery of the last 6 years is finally perking along Quite Nicely...........

Booming Economy,.......
Soaring Stock Market,........
Low Unemployment,...............

Hilarious has Already lain out Her Plan to Fix all this,......
She's going to Steal the Profits of the Prosperous Companies of America..............

That otta do Alot of Good..............

Pony

Rear Admiral

waterinthefuel said:
Pony said:

I am, believe me, I am.

That's not true about the saving thing. If you save by putting it in a bank you're still helping the economy because the banks need the money to loan out to help people for various reasons, so saving it is fine too.

Only sticking it under the mattress actually hurts the economy.

10-4; that is why I put save in quotations....