Some dads will do anything

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Seems that my father did not want to come visit me this weekend.<br /><br />To get out of the trip, he decided to keep secret his recent chest pains. Just before going to deliver goods to some needy families on Friday morning, the pains are getting pretty bad, he tells mom. Mom knows they must be bad or he wouldn't mention it. She gets him in the car, gived him a couple asprin and drives to the hospital.<br /><br />They got there just as the heartattack was starting, medication averted the attack. 4 hours later he is cut open and had 5 bypasses done. He was writing on a notepad 3 hours after surgery, was out of ICU within 14 hours, and walking about 18 hours after surgery.<br /><br />All is going well, but he may not make it to Canada fishing until late in fall, or next year.<br /><br />He received first rate care from the entire staff at Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonie Falls WI. Every staff member treats you like you are a close family member. I grew up near this hospital, but never needed to be treated there. Truely an outstanding facility. They even assign a private waiting room for the friends and family of icu or surgery patients.<br /><br />His total cholesterol count was 170 the last time it was checked, and his "bad" cholesterol has always been real low, he ate right and exercised. So get a heart scan done every few years if you are over 50.<br /><br />Any prayers or thoughts for a speedy recovery are appreciated, a public display of them here, is not required though. <br />God will hear them. <br /><br />Trying to talk dad into getting a zipper tatooed over the scar. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Some dads will do anything

Hey roscoe, here's wishing him a speedy recovery and you know he is in the spinner's thoughts.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Roscoe, a real happy ending. Glad your mom acted quickly. Always a good idea to keep that aspirin close at hand. Good for strokes too.<br /><br />How old is he?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Oh yeah, should have said he is 70 years old, about 5'8", 165#<br /><br />He had no out of body or white light experience, so he can't write a book or be on Art Bell's radio show.<br /><br />Ironically, he was scheduled for his annual physical and a treadmill stress test in 2 weeks.

Link

Rear Admiral

He had no out of body or white light experience, so he can't write a book or be on Art Bell's radio show
Now that SUXS ;) <br />Glad to hear he is doing well Roscoe

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Real Happy for you Roscoe that Dads AOK. Pretty level head on your Mom as well!!!<br /><br />My daughter was born at Community Memorial.....first rate medical care IMO.

gaugeguy

Captain

It sure is amazing how fast they have people up and moving around after major cardiac surgery. He sure was lucky. Hope he heals up quickly.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Be glad he said something was wrong. My dad when he was 70 didn't complain or nothing. That was 20 years ago and its been 20 years of saddness without him.<br /><br />Just glad your dad is making it. Sounds like he has some real good care. Thoughts and prayers for you roscoe.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Tell your dad if he didn't wanna come he could of just told ya instead. Just don't make him laufgh when ya do it!! ;)

one more cast

Captain

Glad your Dad is doing well. Just a word of warning about the treadmill stress test. They must base the price on the results because they said my heart looked fine and the bill was over $2000. Or maybe the bill IS the test. :D

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Rosco, glad everything is ok. My dad had the same thing a couple of years ago - he went for a checkup, and the Doctor loaded my dad up in his car and took him to the hospital right then and there for bypass surgury. <br /><br />Sounds like your dad is going to ok - I like that zipper tattoo idea.. :)

Homerr

Commander

WOW!! Glad to hear it went well.<br /><br /><br /> :) <br /><br /><br />H.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like a lucky dad and a smart mom. Glad everything worked out OK. <br /><br />Don't know your age roscoe but your risk for cardiovascular disease is now higher. Make sure you are aware of it. Start the asprin a day routine. I had my first attack at 38, the second at 47. You are not immune to it. 7 of my 9 aunts & uncles have died from heart attacks.

Carphunter

Commander

Prayers are on their way for you and your family Roscoe.

Twidget

Commander

Im happy your Dad is doing well. Congratulations to your Mom for recognizing the symptoms and reacting. <br /><br />My hopes and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Roscoe, glad to hear that your dad is doing well after his surgery,i hope that he recovers fully and can get some fishing in this coming summer,there ain't nothing quite like fishing with dad, is there?

aspeck

Staff member

Prayers are with yer dad, roscoe. I am in SS's boat on this one - sure do miss the fishing trips with Dad. Glad you will still have many to come, roscoe, and thank your mom for quick thinking and keepig a cool head!

eeboater

Commander

Roscoe:<br /><br />Glad it worked out well. I'm going to have to go to Community Memorial Hospital from now on! :D <br /><br />Sean

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Congratulations to your mum & Hospital for prompt action. Glad everything worked out well. My father had a stroke and tried to cover everything up, it made it a real problem to get him the right treatment. Hope the future is good<br /><br />Regards<br />Chris