"Solo 40" 6hp German outboard

jfbiv

Cadet
Anyone know where I can find some new or used parts for this thing? SOLO KLEINMOTOREN is a German company that makes a bunch of commercial grade 2-cycle stuff like chainsaws, etc. but they stopped production on outboards in the mid 80's and don't have much for parts stock left.<br /><br />This is just one of a bunch of small outboards I am tinkering with and is a real odd ball - single cylinder 6hp.<br /><br />These were also marketed as Volvo Penta Model 40 and Cruise n Carry Model 6800.<br /><br />Thanks in advance.

jfbiv

Cadet
Re: "Solo 40" 6hp German outboard

Hmmm...OK maybe I shouldn't have thanked in advance. ;)

Greg Lawrence

Petty Officer 1st Class

why? are you going to build some hybrid monster? you are the dr frank-n-sloopy of boat motors i think.

jfbiv

Cadet

For Sale: Nifty German engineered 6HP with a Black Max lower unit. Comes equipped with a real nice watch.<br /><br />Call Sloopy.

S.T. Marine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Try putting a new waterpump in it maybe it will run better!! Or maybe sell it and get a real motor MERCURY!

sloopy

Commander

I like my watch, I talk to it sometimes !!!! people stay away from me, but we will see what they see when the see Frankinmotoroutboard!!!! hahahaha!!

jfbiv

Cadet

S.T. - I already have a Mercury and it had so many problems that I'm practically an expert now that I got 'em all worked out.<br /><br />The only engine that works right is my 1948 Martin 60 - (when it's not on fire cuz of the leaky gas cap on the tank).

jfbiv

Cadet

Sloopy I thought they said you were better now. Now that they let you out and all...

S.T. Marine

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good. Use that motor and throw the solo in the trasholo!!!!

stfcatfish

Recruit

I just picked up a Solo 840 at an auction for $10, with leaking fuel line and no spark, so I'm working on it.<br /><br />But I have the info for you. Solo USA's parts order desk is (757) 245-5531, and you can call there to inquire about parts for this discontinued motor series. <br /><br />I also got a free owners manual from solo by logging on to www.solousa.com, hitting the "contact us" link, e-mailing them my inquiry and including my mailing address. What I got is a photocopy of the original manual, but it's perfectly legible. <br /><br />Good luck.<br /><br />Steve Foss<br />stfcatfish@yahoo.com

serzyk_kepin

Cadet

Hello guys, I found very good offer on brand new 6 HP. Solo outboard, BUT!!! I've no information at all about this motor. I tryed to contact with SOLO-GERMANY and SOLO-USA and have nothing <br />They just ignored all my requests. So guys, any advices, should I go for it oro better to buy known brand with out any hassels.<br /><br />Thanks in advance <br />Serge <br /><br />serzyk@yahoo.com

Squeakit

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Serge: If you can get a brand-new 6hp motor cheap enough (less than 100bux) than I would say why not; use it and take real good care of it and meanwhile try to find a source of parts/info about it. If it's not DIRT CHEAP, I'd say don't bother. Also if it's to be your only motor and you are stranded if it breaks, forget it. It's hard enough finding parts for old obsolete American motors, but it can be done if you don't mind searching around. Otherwise stick with well-known brands like Merc and OMC. Good Luck!

dudester

Recruit

Anyone know where I can find some new or used parts for this thing? SOLO KLEINMOTOREN is a German company that makes a bunch of commercial grade 2-cycle stuff like chainsaws, etc. but they stopped production on outboards in the mid 80's and don't have much for parts stock left.<br /><br />This is just one of a bunch of small outboards I am tinkering with and is a real odd ball - single cylinder 6hp.<br /><br />These were also marketed as Volvo Penta Model 40 and Cruise n Carry Model 6800.<br /><br />Thanks in advance.

I have one of these and don't use it. call me at 216-337-9178 Steve I'm in ohio