Solenoid problem?

EvinFla

Seaman
I have a 1995 Evinrude 115. When I turn my ignition key I've been getting a dead response lasting a few seconds to sometimes over a couple of minutes. This weekend I also had a delay on my trim/tilt. I have a new battery and my trim/tilt motor is also new. Would this problem lead one to believe it lies in the solenoid. If so is this an easy replacement, or one that would require a professional. <br /><br />Thanks

Walker

Captain
Re: Solenoid problem?

Sounds like bad or corroded battery cable connections at the battery or at the motor. Soleniod shouldn't effect your T/T

a.weeks

Cadet

had the same prob. today found the problem in the fuse block

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

I agree with Walker on this one, Check ALL the connections from the Battery(Including the Battery terminals) to the engine and the engine block(Ground especially). Corrosion is the #1 problem with intermittant starting and electrical problems. You may also check the connector that houses the main fuse in the engine compartment, just to make sure it's not corroded, as suggested. It is in the area of the large red main red connector. That would do it too.. Just peak in both sides of the connector and look for corrosion that may cause the problem and of course, the fuse ends, themselves..