solenoid leaking

mrd

Cadet
hi

When I start the motor and engage the choke (pushing in the key) I see gas leaking out of the primer solenoid @ that red switch. the switch is down back over the solenoid. Gas leaks out in a stream. what is causing this???

mrd

Benny1963

Lieutenant
Re: solenoid leaking

there is also a oring in the handle you can buy the rebuild kit but go to brp and get the oring for the handle because it doesnt cost much also i replaced the head assembly as well they get brittle they also sell a head that alows you to fog your motor at the selinoid
easy repair had same prob
good luck bennyb

ddavis90325is

Seaman

Do they sell a kit for repair, or do you have to purchase the parts individually? Thanks!

Benny1963

Lieutenant

they sell just the diaphram then the oring is seperate .if it is leaking out the handle then its the oring i changed the cap the diaphram and thje oring
for about 14$
its easy
bennyb

nomisx98

Cadet

Would a leaking solenoid prevent engine from starting correctly? I have the hardest time starting my motor. 1995 Johnson 150hp Oceanrunner. Never starts up right away and after letting it sit for an hour or so it starts right up and eventually shuts down unless I rev up the engine for a bit. Just today I took the cover off the carbs and noticed when pushing in the key for the primer it leaks gas from the red handle of the solenoid. Could this be the reason for me to have such a hard time getting the boat started? Batteries are charged and fuel lines and primer bulb are new. Sorry to thread jack but could really use some help fellas. Thanks!