So you think you had a bad night?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
My twice-a-month houskeeper told me this story about another one of her clients and swears it is true.<br /><br />Let's call this young couple John and Marsha.<br /><br />On this night John, who sleeps bare, got up to go to the bathroom.<br /><br />The family cat follows him. She spies his dangling private parts, thinks they are alive, and attacks, burying a claw in the most private part. He shrieks and falls forward hitting his head on the tank and knocking himself cold.<br /><br />Marsh calls 911 and the EMTs arrive promptly. The cat has been banished and John is conscious but too groggy to stand, so the EMT is helping him up.<br /><br />The EMT steps on a wet tile and slips, dropping John on his head on the sink, knocking him cold again.<br /><br />Now John is out of it, so the EMTs get a stretcher, put him on it and start down the short flight of stairs. One EMT trips and they drop John on the stairs. The EMT who tripped lands on him and breaks his leg. They splint his leg.<br /><br />They finally get John into the ambulance and start for the small hospital at full speed. On the way they get into a fender bender. This time John is not hurt further. He just has to wait for all the paperwork, etc.<br /><br />They get to the hospital. The ER Doc says to send him down to radiology for films of the head and leg, so he is put on a gurney and put in the hall to wait for an orderly to take him to radiology.<br /><br />An orderly comes along and, without checking chart or bracelet takes him to surgery. They are expecting an emergency appendectomy. Yup, they take out his appendix.<br /><br />By this time Marsha is having conniptions and shouting vile things at the people in ER. She sees her husband being wheeled down the hall in a post operative haze. They take him into a recovery room and plop him onto a bed, which promptly collapses, breaking his arm.<br /><br />John has no idea what is happening and Marsha doesn't believe what is happening.<br /><br />A light goes on and the hospital folks finally recognise what has happened. They apologise and promise there will be no bill but insist John cannot be transferred to another facility until morning.<br /><br />Morning comes. More apologies, more promises about no charge. They even offer John a free breakfast: an omelet with a huge roach in it.<br /><br />The hospital hired a private ambulance to take John to another hospital where his fractures were set and cast and he was cared for until ready to go home. The first hospital paid for that, too.<br /><br />This has an unbelievable ring to it, but my housekeeper swears it really happened and was written up in the Mineral Wells paper.

rogerwa

Commander
Re: So you think you had a bad night?

Ask the housekeeper if she ever launched her Bayliner with the trailer attached.. :D

KaGee

Admiral

Sounds like EARNEST was one of the EMTs.

cpj

Ensign

I know who the man was!His name was not John,it was Claud Balls. :D

Twidget

Commander

That would be one DEAD cat if/when I recovered. :D

Copespitter

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I think that story has been circulating on the internet for quite some time.<br /><br />If I remember right Snopes claims its false.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

There's a story about the cat getting the guy's 'goodies' as he's crawling under the sink. I've never personally heard this variation.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

That sorta thing must happen often. My mom read a story like that to my dad and I in the early 70's. She read it from the Readers Digest. After she read the story, my dad booted the only house cat outside. Maybe that is why I have negative thoughts about cats being in the house.