So whats the best boat shop in Utah???

Billys Barge

Cadet
I need to take my boat to a shop to be tested for water leaks and go through my drive, and I will need the whole bottom of the hull gel coated unless there is extensive fiberglass damage....then it will be totalled out by the insurance. So anyones experience would be great I live in Price but I am willing to travel to take it to a good shop.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: So whats the best boat shop in Utah???

This is a DIY site, which usually means people don't like the shops in their area for one reason or another. Those that are happy with their mechanics and don't do their own work just don't come here.

You would be a lot better off asking people in your area that have boats. A lot more local knowledge.

fishrdan

Admiral

I need to take my boat to a shop to be tested for water leaks and go through my drive, and I will need the whole bottom of the hull gel coated unless there is extensive fiberglass damage....then it will be totalled out by the insurance.

I assume there was an accident, boat run aground? It sounds like you need a marine surveyor to go through the boat and estimate the damages. I would call the local shops asking if they know of a local marine surveyor.

Billys Barge

Cadet

Cool, thanks guys..... Yep I hit some hard ground and need some work done, I had never heard of a marine surveyor so thanks for the help.

fishrdan

Admiral

Actually, if this is going to be run through insurance, they should provide an adjuster or surveyor.