So sad that laughed until i cried then i laughed again

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Polygamy no fun, admits Ethiopian <br /><br /><br /> <br />Ayattu Nure: Do as I say, not as I do <br />An Ethiopian man with 11 wives and 77 children is urging people not to follow his example and is giving advice on family planning and contraception. <br />After seeing his fortune disappear under the competing demands of his enormous family, Ayattu Nure, 56, even urges people not to get married. <br /><br />"I want my children to be farmers but I have no land, I want them to go to school but I have no money," he says. <br /><br />But his eldest son has not heeded Mr Ayattu's advice and he has three wives. <br /><br />Share wealth <br /><br />Seven of Mr Ayattu's wives live in huts around his compound, which are in urgent need of renovation. <br /><br /> <br /><br /><br /> <br />Another four live in huts on the other side of the valley in Giwe Abossa village, 300km from the capital, Addis Ababa in Arsi region. <br /><br />He says he cannot remember all his children's names but tries to work out who they are from their mothers and which huts they live in. <br /><br />Mr Ayattu says he used to be rich and wanted to share his wealth around, which is why he took so many wives. <br /><br />But now he struggles to feed them all. <br /><br />"I feel like killing myself when I see my hungry children whom I cannot help," Mr Ayattu says. <br /><br />His wives have given birth to more than 100 children but 23 have died. <br /><br /><br />However, he blames Ethiopia's government for not doing more to help him look after all his children. <br /><br /><br />Ayattu Nure <br />"I know I have done wrong by marrying many wives and begetting many children but I think I deserve help from the government." <br /><br />But his biggest complaint at the moment is with the authorities of the local school which 40 of his children now attend. <br /><br />They want photographs for each of his children's files, which will further deplete his meagre resources. <br /><br />He says that he tries to share his time evenly between his wives and children, adding that although quarrels and squabbles are common, they try to solve their problems amicably. <br /><br />"People see me as a funny man, but there is no fun in my condition. I am a desperate man struggling to survive," he says. <br /><br />Although Mr Ayattu's eldest son, Dagne Ayattu, does not have a job, at the age of 33, he has seven children and is about to marry his fourth wife. <br /><br />But he says he will not have as many children or wives as his father.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer
Re: So sad that laughed until i cried then i laughed again

Hmmm... sounds sorta like America. Don't work, have lots of kids with different fathers/mothers, and expect those who work and pay taxes to pay for taking care of them.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

He has the gall to say that the gov't should help him, I think that they should've castrated the idiot, Holy moley! i'm still LMAO :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

That is one busy man. :D <br /><br />Ken

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

11 wives. That's nearly one case of PMS per month! SHEESH! poor guy! ;)

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by Holdimhook:<br /> 11 wives. That's nearly one case of PMS per month! SHEESH! poor guy! ;)
Nope, that's 11 cases of PMS per month :eek:

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Holdimhook <br />Petty Officer 3rd Class <br />Member # 60377 <br /><br /> posted July 28, 2005 08:21 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />11 wives. That's nearly one case of PMS per month! SHEESH! poor guy!
Nope <br /><br />Thats 11 cases per month or 132 cases per year. All overlapping.<br /> :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It takes a village? This guy is a village. What an idiot.

bubbakat

Captain

Sounds to me like he went to work for the FBI ,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br />,<br /><br />Under cover :D

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

No wander people in those countries are starving.

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Laugh, go ahead and laugh. sounds funny,guess how many times that happens here. We are all paying for it. Some might call me a racist, well possibly, but the truth is it has nothing to do with race. There are so many people, black, white, hispanic, or other that have no self control or responsibility, that keep churning out kids at an alarming rate. Guess what, they are not taking care of them or paying for them....we all are. I am not an evil person, nor do I want anyone to starve, but we, as a society cannot continue to pay for irresponsible people to continue to have 8, 10 or 12 children by different partners and no way to raise them. It is time that we, as a society put the brakes on this type of behavior.Time to limit the wellfare and government assistance for this. I don't want children to starve, but as long as we say....go ahead and have them...we'll take care of it...guess what....it will continue. Time to put a stop to this behavior.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

For his sake I hope the PMS does not hit at the same time with each woman. 1 is bad enough.<br />Didn't he see this coming around wife #10?

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

OK.OK. You got me. I was a B/A major. Math was not my best subject! :eek: :eek: ;)