So many toons, so hard to decide. Help

jabroni1m

Cadet
Ok so i've tried researching as much as I can on this site and others and have been searching for a toon for some time. I keep looking at ones that need some work to keep costs down but some things like a console area that messed up just seems expensive to repair. So I have found 2 different toons from 2 different manufactures with different engine sizes and one is a 2 stroke and one is a 4. I am wondering if you guys have a preference on which of these would be a better boat and which would be faster. I know its probably not that cut and dry so any opinions will be welcomed. I have found this one on craigslist which has a 90HP 4 stroke. http://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/1670849602.html I have also found a 1996 Fisher Freedom 240DLX with a 115HP mariner which I think is a 2 stroke.

D

DJ

Re: So many toons, so hard to decide. Help

Quiet and fuel efficient-Four Stroke.

A little faster-2 stroke. The 2-stroke is considerably older.

jabroni1m

Cadet

Yea I was thinking 8 years newer with an 8 year newer engine. 4 strokes are nice, quiet, don't require oil mixing, don't smoke, don't need rebuilt as much, atleast my dirtbike 4strokes don't compared to my 2 strokes. I was just worried about speed, not that pontoons are made for speed either way. I figure the boat says its rated for a 130HP motor and if it will hold a 130HP 4 stroke I can surely run a 150HP 2 stroke. LOL I will probably go see the 4stroke one tomorrow or the next day and hopefully it will be nice enough for me to pull the trigger. Anyone know if Odyssey is a good brand? From everything I find it is, but I cannot find a manufacturers website.

Jeep Man

Commander

I'm partial to 4 strokes. No smoke, quiet running, great fuel economy. Most times your not running a toon WOT. Your cruisin'. More horses are nice for tubing etc., but the 90 will be fine for this. Check the top speed for both boats. You will probably find there's not a "great" difference.