SO, JUST WHAT IS "SARKP AVDNACE"?

gasguzzler

Seaman Apprentice
1984 MERCURY SERIAL#6449738 2STROKE MODEL#50 50HP 4CYL 2CARB #WMA1-3/UP #WMA1-1/LOW ..As I understand it "max. spark advance"is 33 degrease before top dead center. With my Craftsman,automotive type,timing light pointed at the "FIXED POINT INDICATOR" and the "EDGE OF THE FLYWHEEL",With the throttle moved forward,until the "max spark arm adjustment screw is contacting its stop, It should show a reading of 33 degrease. Also at this point, contact with the carbrators is made.Continued forward movement of the throttle now opens the carbrators and "max timing advance" now stays fixed at 33 degrease.

gasguzzler

Seaman Apprentice
Re: SO, JUST WHAT IS "SARKP AVDNACE"?

The condition I discribe above, is this correct?

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

I don't know that engine or its numbers in particular but it sounds about right in general. My Suzuki idle speed is set using the ignition timing not the carb throttle. Advancing the throttle initially just moves the ignition advance then later the carbs open up. Hopefully you have a manual. Synchronizing the ignition and carbs is different on all models and needs to be done right.

gasguzzler

Seaman Apprentice

thank you,your few words do help.if you can add more or anybody has anything to sugjest please do

Clams Canino

Commander

The SARKP is one of those mythical creatures that often inhabit fantasy aadventure games and that genre. <br /><br />Usually when they advance, it's time to run, or try some "area effect" stuff to halt the incoming problem. <br /><br />-W (correct - 33 degrees - carbs only from there)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

and I always thought sarkp was just another way us techs ripped off the general public :)

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

D N A<br /><br />National Dyslexia Association.<br /><br /> :p

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by Unicorn.:<br /> D N A<br /><br />National Dyslexia Association.<br /><br /> :p
:D :D <br /><br />Is a ford 302w similar to a big merc? ;) :D

jfholijr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

oh and I ss-ssss-s--ssstutter tooooo

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

is arright<br /> I read slow :)