So hows this for cheap law enforcement?

Kenneth Brown

Captain
fake_policecar_03.jpg

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: So hows this for cheap law enforcement?

Most excellent KB........I do like and LOL!!!<br /><br />I do bet it works great too.......

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

We have these all over Maryland except it a life size picture of the side of the car. Looks very real too!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I think its pretty cool but I know how long it would last here. That puppy would be full of bullet holes within days.

ZmOz

Captain

Wouldn't last a half hour 'round here before somebody vandalized it. Of course, we've got more than enough real cops with nothing better to do than harass the traffic... :rolleyes:

iboater

Seaman Apprentice

It would be easy though for a real cop to hide behind that and catch someone who thought they were encountering the same old cut out.<br /><br />First glance though is hilarious :p :p :p

briannh1234

Petty Officer 1st Class

In Maine - They leave a real cruiser in the center of the highway with the radar on in plane sight. Everyone slows down til they pass the cruiser and realize no ones in it.

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

They had one of those stolen last year .It was in front of the state police barracks.

D

DJ

reddog wrote:<br /><br />
They had one of those stolen last year .It was in front of the stae police barracks.
Oh man, what a golden opportunity for a cheap frat. prank!

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Our local hardware store had a lifesize cutout of a cop with the inscription "Free ride in police car with every item stolen". :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Just an observation...real or perceived LEO presence is a deterrent of sorts. And I hope the following example of presence educates my kids.<br /><br />Just had a County Sheriff stop by 'cause my six year old daughter called 911 while mom was out mowing, and before I got home from work. <br /><br />I arrive home and kids are all excited, the boy telling on his sister, "Lauren called 911 Dad', whole bunch of chaos and what not. Son hands me the cordless, it's doing the beeping disconnect deal. Ask daughter whats up, she denies calling, short time later confesses. Whole bunch of tears. We do the talk through it deal, she feels better now. <br /><br />Long story short, a squad arrived, the Officer was very polite, probed what was up, took the time to explain to my daughter, as well as five year old son, when to call 911, and why not to. <br /><br />Very nice and professional cop. A tip of my hat to this Sheriff!

Twidget

Commander

My wife used to have a friend that worked as a police dispatcher in a small town. One day her little girl dialed 911, then hung up.<br /><br />The 911 operator recognized the number so the panic button was pushed. All 4 of the on duty officers showed up at her house banging on the door and trying to open windows to get in. The woman was in the shower as they gained entry. :D

rolmops

Vice Admiral

That thing is sitting in the Bay area in Haifa Israel.I think that it is made of very heavy wood and it is probably anchored to the ground.I used to drive on that road at least once a week.It is nice to see a picture of it here on I-boats.