Snow shovels.Where do they go?

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class
Everytime there is a snow warning theres panic at HD.everyone needs a shovel.what happened to the one from the last storm.Ive had my shovel at least 10 years,unused.I figure whoever put the snow there will take it away enevtually. Dave

eeboater

Commander
Re: Snow shovels.Where do they go?

Ahh -- its the stupid liberal media spin!!!! 50 people shopping for snow shovels is = panic. Funny thing is... those 50 people all just moved to NJ from FL, where they didn't need snow shovels.<br /><br /><br />Just a thought. :D <br /><br />Sean

NYMINUTE

Captain

teu20.gif
<br /> The snow shovel FAIRY.....of course.

one more cast

Captain

I'm lucky if I can get one to last more then a year or two. They get brittle and break when the snow gets deep and its below zero. This year has been real easy on the shovels here in upstate NY so far.

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

They get put into the back of the shed or the garage buried to the point where it is easier to buy a new on than to dig out the old one.<br /><br />Another case of having more money than smarts.<br /><br />But in their defense have you seen how cheaply they make snow shovels your lucky to get a season or 2 out of a shovel.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

I've got plenty of snow shovels.<br />What I really need is milk & toilet paper and maybe a 6 pack! (Shoveling is a thirsty business) <br />See you at the supermarket. :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Snow shovel, what's that? I got a 4 wheeler with a v plow. :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

jg, next time you buy one, take it home and put a couple real screws in it, to hold the handle and head onto the handle. And if the handle starts to crack, put a hose clamp around it.<br /><br />I've been using an el-cheapo shovel for 14 years. Probably time for a new one though, as the plastic head is only half the size it used to be.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by davexx:<br /> Snow shovels.Where do they go?
I usually put mine in my garage. A lot of other people put them in their sheds but its often difficult to get the shed doors open because of the snow. Especially if they swing out.<br /><br />Ok. I've wasted too much of my lunch hour replying like this... :D ;) <br /><br />Sean

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Roscoe, I hope the shovel I have now will last for years. Picked up a snow blower last weekend, Just in time, 8-12' tomorrow. Shovel will just be used on the steps and porch now. No more aching back. :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool: :mad:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Set the shovel on the porch, so you can shovel your way to the garage to get the snowblower out. :) :)

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Well jg, I just finished shovelin and snow blowin 12" of the stuff. Yer up next. <br />We always keep the shovel in the garage, it gets used a lot around here. :rolleyes:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The last snow shovel I had I took with me from MN to FL.<br /><br />Put it out by the mailbox in Ft. Lauderdale with a "FOR RENT" sign on it and some FORGALUMIC PECALUMER stole it! :mad:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

BrianFD, snow brooms can be either electric or gas like a cheap weed eater. Good for little old ladies to dust off the porch and sidewalk. Not good for wet snow or where you have to throw it more than 4 feet.<br /><br />Not good for a man to be seen using one of these. :)

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by jg:<br /> They get put into the back of the shed or the garage buried to the point where it is easier to buy a new on than to dig out the old one.<br />
Daggone, man!!! Stay outta my garage!!!! And quit rattin on me!!! Sheesh, the nervasome people!!!!

TilliamWe

Banned

Originally posted by Ed:<br /> I've got plenty of snow shovels.<br />What I really need is milk & toilet paper and maybe a 6 pack! (Shoveling is a thirsty business) <br />See you at the supermarket. :D
Uuummm, Ed... I understand the "thirsty" part :) Hence the milk & the 6 pack...<br />But toilet paper ???? I guess you think it is a sh*tty business too? :D