Petty Officer 2nd Class
went fishing with dad this weekend. now time to taste the success!!<br />
5d840y
<br /><br />
5d846b

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: smokin the catch

Wow, that look delicious!!!!! How did you smoke them??? Like, at what temp, for how long, and what kind of wood did you use?

TenE307

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i added the topic "smoking trout" in the freshwater fishing forum.<br />I am just a biginner myself.<br />second summer and about fourth batch. all full loads on the smoker.<br />i have only done fish in my smoker, so now im afraid to smoke other meats without them tasting like fish. or even using it as a BBQ. i think i now own a big fish only smoker.<br />my favorite are the brook trout on the right side of the smoker.

Link

Rear Admiral

Not to worry TenE307<br />Smokers dont pass on the taste/smell the next time you use them. <br />Been using the same smoker for 15 years. (little chief) My brother has been using his for 30 years. (the only thing that fish dont ruin) :) <br /><br />When you get ready to do a Turkey try the Ultimate Brine for Turkey given to me by Boomyal here on iboats... <br />He gave this to me last year in Nov... here is my post to him<br /><br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=007119#000000 <br /><br />BTW what Smoker/BBQ did you use? Fishies looked great!<br /><br />Self edit: Darn it, I knew I should have used the spell checkOr.. don't want JB and Bassy grading this paper again :D :D

brother chris

Commander

OH MY....DOES THAT EVER LOOK GOOD!!!!!!!<br />I gots to go fishing this weekend....end of story!<br />Man I am hungry now!

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by Link:<br /> <br />Self edit: Darn it, I knew I should have used the spell checkOr.. don't want JB and Bassy grading this paper again :D :D
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Realgun

Commander

Yuck. :) I love to catch'm but don't eat'm. Although that look rather good. :D

rwise

Captain

mmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I smoke whatever in my smoker and never any taste from other whatevers! Just get it hot and hit it the wire brush.

TenE307

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the catch is from a private lake.<br />the bag limit was for a total of 3 people.<br />my state says 6 per person and one over 20".<br />the fish on the left side is a 4lb 24" rainbow.<br />i do not like to eat trout either. i can eat smoked brookies though. i did catch and release about 30 fish that day. i have many friends, family and coworkers that always are begging me for my fish. i will have to try to clean a little to try to smoke some other meats. it sure smells fishy right now!