Smoker Craft Millentia 190 floor drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arejaye

Cadet
I just bought a 2008 Smoker Craft Millentia 192 and while washing the inside down down I noticed the water is not draining into the hull of the boat. Anyone know if there is a drain somewhere? Maybe it’s clogged up. I can’t see this boat not having a floor drain.

If it has no drain, any reason why I couldn’t put one in? Or would this not be a good idea since there will be exposed wood?

kdmiller8251

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 2008 Ultima and it is the same problem. been that way since day 1..... I think its a design flaw....

Decemberflyer

Recruit
I just bought a 2008 Smoker Craft Millentia 192 and while washing the inside down down I noticed the water is not draining into the hull of the boat. Anyone know if there is a drain somewhere? Maybe it’s clogged up. I can’t see this boat not having a floor drain.

If it has no drain, any reason why I couldn’t put one in? Or would this not be a good idea since there will be exposed wood?
I have the same problem with a 2011 Osprey. Apparently a design flaw. The water does drain into the floor fish compartment between the seats but not in the rear. I've been carrying a large sponge. I am going to drill a 2" hole and put in a 2" abs floor drain available at Home Depot for $3.00 on the drivers side next to the water fuel seperator. The fuel tank is under the floor so be very carefull. My boat has a tendency to lean a bit to that side because of the extra trolling motor. Use a camera through the access hole to see where you drill. Be careful and use a good caulking.

jbcurt00

Staff member
@Decemberflyer you probably have a foam filled hull, any water that gets below decks is likely to get trapped there...

You dont want water trapped below decks.

Its not as simple as drilling a hole.....

Please dont drag inactive topics uo and post to them. Start a topic about your Osprey if you want to discuss your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.