Smoke Free, Day 252. How's my support group?

ndemge

Commander
How is everyone doing in their Life upgrades?<br />Quit Smoking,Loose Weight, Quit Drinking, whatever your vice of choice to rid yourself of, how are you doing?<br /><br />My update:<br />I ahve not had even one single puff since going to bed on this past new years eve.<br />The first month was Hard as he11. The next 6 just had to keep the mindset that I can never have another drag. Period.<br />Now, 8 months later, I have no desire.<br />I still have a dream about once a month that I smoked, I wake up Pissed at myself until I realize it was a dream. But I now honestly have no cravings and the smell is once again repulsive.<br /><br /><br />well?....<br />Nathan in Arkansas<br />Gauge Guy<br />LubeDude<br />SBN<br />Miloman<br />BiXLL<br />Boomyal <br />Chief 101 <br />SoulWinner<br /><br /><br />Admin 5,<br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000634#000000

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Smoke Free, Day 252. How's my support group?

Still going strong...I have not been smoke free for 252 days :( I have had a couple slip ups, but going on 4 months smoke free now.<br /><br />You da man ndemge, keep up the great work.

ndemge

Commander

I know you had your slip in May, glad you didn't give up and got right back at it.<br /><br />I've come to a compromise with myself,<br />I'll be 25 on Saturday, When I turn 80, I can have a cigar :)

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Guys - hang in there - you're doing GREAT. This is the best thing you ever did for yourself - not to mention your families.<br /><br />I've been off the weed since 1/1/97 - now all I have to do is drop a few pounds.<br /><br />I'm a bit better off than ndemge - I'll be 60 in Dec - only 20 years and 3 months 'til I can have a cigar! And, you better believe I'll smoke it when 80!<br /><br />tcube

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Well done... :)

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Still with you ndemge. My last one was Jan 5. I believe I am five days behind you. Congrats keep it up. I need to dump about 15 lbs though. Need to quit doing the before bedtime snack.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

No drinking for going on 9 months. Don't even think of it anymore. I haven't felt this good in a long time. <br /> :D <br />Congrat's to all of you. Keep it up.

FSHKPR

Ensign

well my no smoking thing took a dive. i have tried just about everything they offer to quit smoking and it just doesnt work for me. most of my problem is the weight gain. then i use that as an excuse to go back to smoking. want to try to quit again but i just cannont afford any more weight gains.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Winter in Wisconsin is a good time to quit smoking FSHKPR. My wife wont let me smoke in the house and them below zero days makes for a fast cigarette.

FSHKPR

Ensign

yeah we already dont smoke in the house and your right below zero makes them quicker and definatly i smoke less.

FSHKPR

Ensign

yeah we already dont smoke in the house and your right below zero makes them quicker and definatly i smoke less.

aspeck

Staff member

Congrats guys! Keep up the good work! I admire your determination!

ndemge

Commander

eurolarva... <br />I hear ya I quit smoking and my wife is pregnant, due in 5 weeks. <br />So in the first couple months when she had all her cravings and was eating like crazy, I was right there with her, AND snacking all day.<br />BUT, the 20 lbs I put on since january, I don't care. I can fix that now that I've got the addiction licked.<br /><br />Bassy, Good job, proud of ya!<br /><br />FSHKPR, To quote an old post.....<br />The Nicotene monster plays lots of games with your mind, you think it's YOU saying the things you hear, but it's not, it's the drug. The Druge says "Look you Fat A$$! Your never going to get over this and your always going to get fatter!"<br /><br />DONT F'N LISTEN TO IT! You WILL reach a point where you stop gaining, the cravings will go completely away and you will start loosing weight.<br /><br />Over 8 months into this, NOW I am working on the weight thing, 3 months into it, forget it, that monster was still taking into my ears. <br /><br />You hear people say all the time (non smokers of course) "It only takes 30 days to kick the habbit" BS, it takes year(s) But it can be done!<br /><br />Start again, and update us, update us DAILY if that is what you need. You want a smoke, call me, I'll yell at ya whenever ya need it.

NathanY

Commander

still smoke free since May 10 2004. Dont know how many days that is though.