Smoke Free Day 181

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
Re: Smoke Free Day 181

911 days and counting for me ndemge<br />GOOD LUCK. I see you also quit on new years day, me too, a couple new years ago.

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

372 days and no smoking. Been hard though. The boys come up to the cottage for a guy weekend and they smoke....Buy cheap reserve smokes.<br /><br />But I know if I have just one.....<br /><br />I will always be a smoker. Just a smoker that does not smoke anymore.....

Ralphy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats ndemge <br /><br />65 Days for me. I keep waiting for the cravings to get a little bit less but I guess Im going to have to realize that maybe they dont get less, I just get used to them more. :p

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

Ralphy:<br /><br />In my opinion there are two dependencies:<br /><br />Chemical and Habitual.<br /><br />After 65 days, I think the chemical dependency is gone. The habitual dependency may never go away.<br /><br />Like so many, I liked to smoke. I think I could have a smoke now and enjoy it.<br /><br />I've talked to smokers that have not had a smoke in 20 years. They still crave it.<br /><br />My success in quiting this time was a lifestyle changed. No I did not join a cult or anything. My life changed when I had a hip replacement at 34. <br /><br />That helped me quit.<br /><br />Keep at it and you'll not have a smoke again!!!!

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

'bout the same as you ndemge...Jan 6. I do have some cravings, but no looking back here...I'm done with them nasty little things... :cool:

ndemge

Commander

Drove to KY to pick up the boat this weekend, wife still smokes. after almost 7 months, 6 hours in the car and the craving was still there, but just remembering to tell myself NO, wait 2 seconds and the thought passes... it's more of a thought than a real "craving" at this point.<br /><br />I enjoyed it, just liked breathing and not coughing more.

NathanY

Commander

49 days for me. Hmmm, doesnt even bother me either.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Don't mean to outshine you all, but it has been 2210 days smoke free.<br />Best thing I ever did!<br />Good on Ya for quitting, you won't regret it.<br /><br />It does get easier, but the cravings still spring up.<br /><br />AK Chappy

aspeck

Staff member

15,597 days for me (factoring leap years - I think I got that right). And never a craving! The benefits of never starting!<br /><br />Hey guys, all joking aside, I am proud of each of you. Your determination has made your lungs happy! Keep going, we're behind you!

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

Here's a great story. A customer of mine smokes and so did her son. Well, she won't quit but wanted her 19 year old son to quit. He did not want to.<br /><br />Well she offered him money. He quit!<br /><br />Better yet, her daugher (couple of years younger) did not think it fair. So she said she was going to start smoking so she could quit. Mother just paid her...