Smashed Crestliner

NOSLEEP

Commander
Lost the best boat and motor set up I've ever owned.<br />Last month my 2004 Sport Angler and e-tec 90 was<br />writin off after getting T-boned on the highway.<br />Now it appears I have to pay a premium to replace<br />with the same set up. Crestliner and Evinrude have<br />had a parting of the ways so to speak.<br /><br />We were already well bonded.. :mad: Just venting

Salmonseeker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Smashed Crestliner

Thats gotta suck. <br /><br />Just curious though did you have separate boat insurance to have the boat covered or is it covered by your auto insurance. I always wondered how that worked.<br /><br />I own a 2004 Crestliner angler 1600 SC with a 50HP Johnson. <br /><br />Jason

NOSLEEP

Commander

Hello Fisherman.<br />as long as the boat is hitched to the towing vehicle<br />it is covered by the automobile insurance.<br />Once the boat is unhitched or underway in the <br />water it would be covered by a separate liability<br />and collision coverage purchased separately from the<br />automobile insurance.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Not in all instances, many time a policy only covers the trailer in a very limited manor. At least here in the "South". However I find boat insurance very inexpensive.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Yes thats right neumanns. Here in Alberta you must<br />have collision and comprehensive to cover you<br />fully, or you would only have public liability on<br />your trailer.