Smart tabs and my boating "style"

sewerrat

Petty Officer 3rd Class
New boat owner and I realize the hundreds of posts on smart tabs are out there.

I have a Four Winns 190 Fish N Ski with an OB Johnson 115hp. This is my first boat and it has been great the 3 times I've used it since purchase.

I would classify our boating style in 2 ways:
1) tubing for the kids
2) Cruising new lakes at low speeds to look at houses, scenery etc.

It's #2 where I don't like the performance of the boat. It seems to really struggle (for lack of a better word) at slower speeds and it seems I have to fight the steering - constantly keeping my hands on the wheel to avoid sudden turns.

Is this something the smart tabs will help with??

Thanks

superbenk

Commander
Re: Smart tabs and my boating "style"

2) Cruising new lakes at low speeds to look at houses, scenery etc.

It's #2 where I don't like the performance of the boat. It seems to really struggle (for lack of a better word) at slower speeds and it seems I have to fight the steering - constantly keeping my hands on the wheel to avoid sudden turns.

Is this something the smart tabs will help with??

Absolutely! This was one of the primary reasons I got them & it has probably been one of the more dramatic benefits I've noticed from using them. Slow speed wander was horrible (especially no-wake zones), but now it tracks nearly 100% true with only extremely minor course correction input required.

iBoats has "Factory Blemish" SX tabs for discount that I can't find any problem with: http://www.iboats.com/Nauticus_SX_Smart_Tabs/dm/*******.513759094--**********.364399530--view_id.352485

sewerrat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Absolutely! This was one of the primary reasons I got them & it has probably been one of the more dramatic benefits I've noticed from using them. Slow speed wander was horrible (especially no-wake zones), but now it tracks nearly 100% true with only extremely minor course correction input required.

iBoats has "Factory Blemish" SX tabs for discount that I can't find any problem with: http://www.iboats.com/Nauticus_SX_Smart_Tabs/dm/*******.513759094--**********.364399530--view_id.352485

Thanks

It looks like the new ones are only $5 more (the 9510-60's).

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

The blems are new they just have a little circle on the bottom of them that you can't see when mounted.