slow out the hole

dennisrhall

Seaman
i have a 15.5 vip bass boat with a 65hp merc eng, my friend has a 15.5 bassmaster with a 48hp johnson his boat is fast out of the hole and fast on water, mine slow out of hole fast on water, both boats are the same weight, what's my problem on take off?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: slow out the hole

hello<br /> after checking all your linkage adjustments and verifying your prop is correct and allows for max rpm ( can the motor turn to the top of its range) you may try drilling vent holes in your prop.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Inline Mercs have always been pigs out of the hole. Johnsons have always been strong. Mercs tend to go a bit faster, though.

LubeDude

Admiral

This is a tough question, even with the full range of information. We need to know specifics, Prop pitch, is your prop vented, (Holes behind the leading edges of the blades), what is you WOT RPM, do you have a fin or trim tabs. what is you cavitation plates relation to the bottom of your boat? Do you have power trim?<br /><br />Get back with this info and we can help you out.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

There are all sorts of things that can cause this. Unless you have both weighed your boats on a scale, deducting the true known weight of the trailer, you can't be sure that the weight is the same. Prop pitch, trim, motor height, hull design, weight placement, fuel capacity, your own weight, condition and health of motor, these are all factors.<br /><br />Willy, I am not sure what inlines you have ran, but any I have experienced have been brutal throughout. If an inline has a bad holeshot it is because it isn't set up right or it isn't being used right.

Clams Canino

Commander

I tend to agree - except that the optimum setting for holeshot, will not let you troll for extended periods. The line is thin and difficult to walk.<br /><br />It's said the late (great) ECK used to really enjoy fine tuning the inlines... I understand why, and wish he were here to tell us his secrets....<br /><br />-W