slow go

dennisrhall

Seaman
i have a 1967 merury 65hp (great motor) my problem is it takes 2-3 :rolleyes: minutes for it to get out of the hole, oh it's on a 15 ft. vip bass boat which weighs around 900 or so pounds, i've tried different pitches, a little better take of but decreces top end, i want both of the best worlds fast take off and fast top end which i have no complaint on top end. what do you think the problen is?

Laddies

Banned
Re: slow go

Try to vent the prop or to raise the motor on the transom, you have a problem common on smaller size boats with larger engines

Moody Blue

Captain

Are you exagerating about the time to plane :eek: ? If it is really taking that long then I don't think that a prop change or mod is going to help your situation. Something else is going on there. Have you actually weighed the boat ? Possible that alot of water might be sitting inside the hull ? What about a compression check on the motor ?

dennisrhall

Seaman

the motor has been checked out completly, just had the lower unit rebuilt,(but the problem has already been like this before the rebuild.) yep the boat weighs in at a little over 900 lbs. no water in the hull.now my prop is scared and a little ruff around the edges but not that bad, some nicks.