'sleep number' bed.. you like it..??

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: 'sleep number' bed.. you like it..??

Why do they call it sleep number?...Does it have anything to do with counting sheep? :confused:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Vlad the Impeller:<br /> Why do they call it sleep number?...Does it have anything to do with counting sheep? :confused:
It is a setting between zero and 100 that represents the ideal combination of mattress comfort, firmness and support for your body, giving you the best night's sleep possible.

Homerr

Commander

I LOVE MINE!!!!<br /><br />I finally got my setting right (45)...<br />No more sore back! It took me about a month or so to finally get my number right, but when I did... HEAVEN! <br /><br />I got the pillow-top model with the 5000 series pump. I figured if I'm going into debt, I might as well get the best one.<br /><br />The only thing I didn't like about the bed is the plastic platform it sits on... That was a pain in the arse to assemble. You can use something different like an old box frame, but make sure it's solid.<br /><br /><br />The beauty of these beds is the ability to adjust... A regular mattress can't do that.<br /><br />Then if something happens to break, simply replace the defective item... Again... try doing that on a regular mattress 10 or even 20 years down the road... They'll tell you to buy a new mattress.<br /><br />Buy one Crab.. DO IT NOW!! You won't regret it.<br /><br />H.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I bought a new bed about 9 months ago. One of our local manufacturers. God I hate it! The thing is too damn comfortable. I just want to lay in it all day.<br /><br />Chris...........

Homerr

Commander

Hey Achris... we might be on to something...<br /><br />Our Wives can sue the Select Comfort people for "select-comfort-lazy-husband syndrome..."<br /><br />Cause we are too darn comfortable in our beds and don't want to get our 'honey-do's' done! :eek: <br /><br />LOL! :) <br /><br />H.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

It's so bad that I set up a wireless network in my house so I could stay in bed with my laptop and still be on iBoats. :D :D :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Craby you beat me to it. Was just going to make the same post.<br />Hey Spinner does that mean you also have one? <br />Beside the SCLHS cant be all bad ;)

crab bait

Captain

thank HOMERR.. <br /><br />yeah, seen 'em around an laid in one at the local mall.. sems great.. <br /><br />i'll get the cheepy model.. really don't like pillow tops ..i'll get the non.. also don't /wont buy the foundation .. got a good home made crab-built one .. pedestal with draws.. <br /><br />anyway, for 500.00 bucks ,, i'll give it a 30 day try..<br /><br />O'YEAH,, if'n you need a new sleep pardner ,HOMERR.. i'm a '45' ,also.. :) ..

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My folks have had it for 4 or 5 years I guess. They like theirs.. When you get it, you'll see the whole thing is made of corrugated plastic and heavy nylon (like an inflatable boat would be made out of).<br /><br />Once you get over that, I bet you'll really like it. :)

Homerr

Commander

LOL Crab!<br /><br />jsfinn: Yea, I was a little surprised at the materials they use, but WOW... what a comfy bed.<br />Basically, you're getting a fancy air mattress and an automatic way of setting the amount of air in it.<br /><br /><br />I also sleep on an air mattress while I'm camping... I always get a good sleep then too.<br />I figured it was either my old mattress at home, or the fact I was outside and away from regular life (or both). <br />I had to do something about my mattress, so I found myself at the Select Comfort store in our mall. A few weeks later, and I was putting my bed together!<br /><br />Did anyone get the cordless remote? I did...<br />Now I have another remote to misplace somewhere :eek: <br /><br />H.

D

DJ

I wouldn't be without it. I'm going on eight years with mine.<br /><br />The only problem I had was the pump, last year.<br /><br />They sent me a new one free.

SoulWinner

Commander

I bought my first one a few years ago after a REALLY bad car crash. Immediately fell in love with it. Then we got a 7000 series king size and gave the other one to SW Jr. He loves it. Then last year, after several years of hearing us give these things glowing reviews my folks bought one, and of course, they love it.<br /><br />To anyone who does not have one, if you get it and play around with the numbers till you get your number, you will NEVER be without one again!

Realgun

Commander

I like to sleep on water better. I am wierd like that.