Skiuseme - Thanks

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Skiuseme,<br /><br />Well your directions and information were outstanding. We found the ramp, which was deep, paved and provided a "no wait" situation for us. The Kwik trip was $1.78 a gallon, topped off the boat and filled the truck at prices that I haven't seen in a year it seems. THE RAMP WAS FREE TO LAUNCH AND PARK FOR THREE DAYS!!!<br /><br />Launched around noon and made it up to hungry point in Trempeleu for a burger and fry, and all the way to Wabesha by nightfall. (They filmed Grumpy old Men in Wabesha) Threw the boat up on an island for the night just north of Wabesha. Woke up and ran into some friends Roger and Ann from Wabesha who have a 46ft Gibson house boat. Spent most of the morning catching up, knocking off a couple of pots of coffee, and giving Hanna the Golden and Liz the Black lab a good workout in the river since we haven't seen each other since our trip last year. <br /><br />Up to Lake Pepin and Lake city for the day and back to Slippry's for a steak dinner and some wine. Back up on an island for the second night. Watched the sun go down on a beautiful day and called her a night.<br /><br />Took a swim at 5.30 am to get the day going and started back to LaCrosse. Cleared all the locks without incident, stopped in Alma for coffee and doughnuts, until lock 7 where we hit a barge and had a 2 hr wait. Got to Lacrosse around 1.30 and were on our way by 2 when it started to rain like crazy. Because the roads were in my opinion dangerous, (HWY 90 with or without rain is just insane on Sundays) Ann mapped out an alternate route that took and extra hour and a half but the view was amazing. The glacial topography of that side of Wisconsin makes the landscape truely beautiful. Very difficult to drive with a trailer as most of the roads don't have any shoulders, and lots of sharp turns, but take your time and it is not a problem. (Unless you are the truck which has to work alot harder :p ) <br /><br />No fishing but a great trip, thanks for mapping out an ideal starting point. Much thanks skiuseme, for the great directions and showing us some of the outstanding facilities available in your area. ;) I bet conservatively you saved me at least 4-5 hours in research and travel based on your instructions. :) :)

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Skiuseme - Thanks

Im Glad you and yours had a great time on the river. We take it forgranted living here how really beautiful it is here. Between Eagles at ice out to the no drift area from the glaisers.