Ski trip scratched!!!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Up at 6 am, this morning, to take the kids skiing at Mt Hood. By 7am it started to rain and by the time it hit the ground it was turning to lumpy clear ice. Grrrrrr! First trip of the year and everyone was looking forward to it but all up and down the interstates people are slipping and sliding on the ice. Don't think I want to do that in a 7000 lb Suburban.

Homerr

Commander
Re: Ski trip scratched!!!

I was planning to get to the slopes for the first time today too, but you guessed it.. RAIN.<br /><br />Nothing worse than kids being wet AND cold.<br /><br />It was either no snow, snowing hard, or too icy... It's like someone up there doesn't want me to ski! LOL!<br /><br />I could ski in just about any weather, but the kids.... not!<br /><br />I might do some night skiing. It suppose to clear up.<br /><br />H.

KaGee

Admiral

The weather has got the traditional winter sports crowd all in a tizzy this year.<br /><br />I doubt there will be any ice fishing around here.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Hey Boomyal,<br /><br />I'm off to Russia in a couple of weeks.... For some skiing. A place called "Kamchatka"... look that one up on ya map!<br /><br />I may even find a new 'friend' up there too.. :D <br /><br />Chris..........

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hey KaGee, I think Snow Trails is open now. The last couple of days with the temps down they are making snow like crazy. Hasn't been to good for them this year with the yo-yo weather. I only like to ski on non-frozen water behind a boat. :p :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SS MAYFLOAT:<br /> Hey KaGee, I think Snow Trails is open now. The last couple of days with the temps down they are making snow like crazy. Hasn't been to good for them this year with the yo-yo weather. I only like to ski on non-frozen water behind a boat. :p :D
I hear ya on the sking part, cept I don't ski any at all. The knees won't take it.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by achris:<br /> Hey Boomyal,<br /><br />I'm off to Russia in a couple of weeks.... For some skiing. A place called "Kamchatka"... look that one up on ya map!<br /><br />I may even find a new 'friend' up there too.. :D <br /><br />Chris..........
Hey Chris! Kamchatka? Not sure that's the kind of friend you want to be keeping. It'll keep ya warm at night but leave ya with a horrible headache in the morning. :p <br /><br />Maybe one of those Rooskie gals??? Be carefull. They all want to get married to a Westerner. ;) <br /><br />Sorry to hear of your recent trevail. I didn't see your post till long after. Good luck to ya!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I just got back from Red River, New Mexico and the weather was perfect. During the day, all you needed was a long sleeve shirt and ski pants, and you were plenty warm on the slopes.<br /><br />It was tough to leave.<br /><br />Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

The irony of weather. Today, 4 days after I started this post, it hit 60 + degrees, feels like a sauna, and the ski resort I had hoped to go to on saturday was closed. At 7 am, this morning, it was 44 degrees and raining at the ski slope.<br /><br />All day, I would walk outside, bracing for the cold, only to be wrapped in the warm glow of a steambath. Hey, I even applied a layer of epoxy to TV stand project I've been working on. It's even curing.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Hey boomyal.<br /><br />Mother nature sure is screwed up these days. We had the same probs here last winter, no snow or at the very least very unpredicable but most of the resorts offered "no snow no pay" type deals. We often visit the snow resorts in summer - gives you a different perspective on things seeing all the lifts surrounded by wild flowers and grass and guys with no brains screaming down the 'slopes' on mountain bikes.<br /><br />Any news on the boating front? Any bits turn up on e-bay or something similar?<br /><br />Aldo