Size and pitch for prop

Fonzie13

Recruit
I just picked up an 88 sun runner 235 got 350 prop was spun and taken off the guy cant find it.....so im trying to find what it takes...size pitch LH or RH....thanks in advance fonzie

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Will almost certainly be a RH...but I’m afraid everyone is guessing at it...unless you provide more details

what rpm was it seeing wot ?
What’s the gear ratio ?
What gps top speed did you see ?

Fonzie13

Recruit
Will almost certainly be a RH...but I’m afraid everyone is guessing at it...unless you provide more details

what rpm was it seeing wot ?
What’s the gear ratio ?
What gps top speed did you see ?
I don’t know any of that l just got the boat. No prop on it so no idea? Guy l got it from said it was in the boat but it’s not. He’s looking around his garage to see IF he can find it. That’s why I’m hoping somebody with an 88 sun runner can tell me what they have.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Even telling us what outdrive it is might help. If it’s a merc alpha or pre alpha...and you still just need to start somewhere...I’d start with a 17” pitch black max and go from there. Likely only a couple of inches off at worse.

Gutkowski

Recruit
Imagine putting a larger wheel, more heavy wheel on your bicycle. This would cost you more energy to get it going, right? Same goes for your motors. When your propellor size/pitch increases, it becomes more resistant to turning. This causes the current to the motor to increase, causing more heat.