Since I'm now a partime farm boy...

Kenneth Brown

Captain
I own a small farm in Central Texas. The Wage and Hour Department of Texas claimed I was not paying proper wages to my help and sent an agent to interview me. <br /><br />"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent. <br /><br />"Well, there's my hired hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $600 a week, plus free room and board. The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $500 a month, plus free room and board. <br /><br />Then there's the half-wit that works about 18 hours a day. He makes $10 a week and I buy him chewing tobacco," replied the farmer. <br /><br />"That's the guy I want to talk to; the half-wit," says the agent. <br /><br />Thats where I tell him "That would be me."

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Since I'm now a partime farm boy...

Your're overpaying the "half-wit" ;)

NOSLEEP

Commander

Ken it sure does sound like it has some truth<br />to it.<br />The farmer is the last one to get paid.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Yea ... sounds real familiar. <br /><br />Grandfather was a Dairy/Tobaccoo farmer ...thing is, I didn't get paid squat. :( <br /><br />Oh, I should add that Birthdays and Christmas' were pretty good hauls tho. :)

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Barlow,<br /><br />Lots of milk and cigarettes under the ol' x-mas tree? lol