Simply amazing!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
OK, some things we see in our journey through life are just amazing. Other things are just so wild and stupid that they are not just amazing, but SIMPLY AMAZING. <br />The other day I saw something that was just that, simply amazing. Every time I think of it I wonder if I am the only one who saw the irony of what was taking place.<br />Here it is. I had just filled up at the gas station back when the prices were a little lower. When I went in to pay I saw a local man I know, and always thought was fairly normal. He was telling the clerk that he was going to a neighboring city to do some shopping. The clerk asked if he was going to the Wal Mart. He got very heated and said no way in h%$l he would be caught dead in that place. He went on to say that places like that are killing small town america and the corporate world is taking over destroying our lives. He said he would only shop in the small stores owned by local business people to save the local economy. I had to admire his conviction in his beliefs even if he was a bit of a conspiracy thoerist until the true weight of what he was saying sunk in. <br />We were standing in a Caseys General Store. Anyone that does not know, Caseys is a COROPERATE owned conveinance store. Next door was a small mom and pop gas station. When Caseys came to town they ran out at least 1 gas station owned by a local small business owner. Then I thought about him, he is a feed dealer, selling farm animal feed and mineral supplements to local farmers. He works for PURINA, another coorperate owned business that shut down all of the small town feed mills many years ago. <br />Then he did the best thing of all in his ranting. He said he would only go to a store called Orschelens, used to be Wheelers or S&S stores. Also a COORPERATE OWNED business instead of going through the small stores on main street america. <br />My wife says I am a little strange because of my observations on life, and even filled with dark humor. I don't know anything about that but I found that funny. I almost pointed this out to him but decided I didn't want to rain on his parade. <br />Simply Amazing!

Twidget

Commander
Re: Simply amazing!

That is a good story. He seems to be a bit selective. :)

crab bait

Captain

DD DUDE.. put some 'air gap' in your posts.. <br /><br /><br />so much easier to read..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmmm. I wonder what would happen if WalMart changed the name to "Bubba's General Merchandise"?

Ron G

Commander

I here the same thing here they wont go to wal mart but will go to to freds???Want eat at cracker barrel but will eat at shoneys,people just amaze the sh*t out of me to.Bubbas i like that jb.

aspeck

Staff member

Some things were just not made to make sense!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

It goes to show you the power of the media. They can brain wash people into thinking WalMart is evil.<br /><br />Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> DD DUDE.. put some 'air gap' in your posts.. <br /><br /><br />so much easier to read..
Covered that territory recently crab bait. DD doesn't seem to take the hint. I feel sorry for his Captain having to read his reports. :p

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I failed english in high school, squeeked by the second try.<br />no joke. Will keep it in mind. :)

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't worry about it Deputy. I had no problem reading your post.<br /><br />It may not be a bad idea to include a double-spacing option for those who may have problems with their eyesight. Those who write longer posts could take advantage of it.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> I failed english in high school, squeeked by the second try.<br />no joke. Will keep it in mind. :)
Hey DD, it's no big deal. Every four or five sentences, stop, take a deep breath and hit the enter key at the same time. That'll break them up and make them easier to read. I always do enjoy the content of your posts.