Similar boat companies to Tiara

AZ16

Recruit
Having trouble finding boat manufactures similar to Tiara. Tiara is just a little pricey. Anyone know of any? Looking for a nice boat to entertain on between 30-34 ft.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: Similar boat companies to Tiara

Hi, and welcome to iboats!

Your question is too broad. Are you talking about the Tiara 'Open' or 'Convertible' models? Similar in what way? Construction? That'll be tough. Layout? Luhrs makes 'Open' models in 30-34'. Are you talkiing about new or used boats? What's your budget?

Get a little more specific and maybe somebody will have some ideas. Where do you boat (region and type of water)? How do you want to use it? Are you looking for a lot of room to entertain for the day, or do you like overnight/weekend/extended stays aboard?

I like Tiara Opens, too. Friends had a mid-90's 29'- beautiful boat.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

I agree with JoLin, Tiara is regarded as a higher end boat, so if your looking for that perceived (and probably well deserved) quality, your probably going to pay for it. If your looking for a Tiara type of boat, meaning a fishing/cruising boat, that may broaden opinions.

I've never been aboard a Tiara, but have always admired the style and the capabilities they seem to have!

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

Tiara, Pursuit, S2 Yachts and SlickCraft are all from the same family (Slikkers).

Tiara and Pursuit are the only current/active part of the S2 Yachts family. They also made sailboats for a number of years and sold them simply as the S2 brand. SlickCraft was the first brand and it was sold off to AMF and then bought back by Slikkers later.

So, not sure what you are looking for specifically, but if you found a Tiara, Pursuit or Slickcraft (last produced in the late 80s) they would all have similar family traits.

goldenpup

Recruit

A Tiara 3100 Coronet sound like it would meet your needs nicely. I don't know of any other company that makes a day boat as nice as that.

shrew

Lieutenant

Wellcraft Coastal, Rampage, some of the larger Grady Whites would also fit that decription.