Signed Red Sox ball ???

one more cast

Captain
I just got this email from a good friend and thought maybe some of you Sox fans might have some input.........HEY STEVE, DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SIGNED BASEBALLS? I'M TRYING TO HELP MY AUNT MARGE. SHE HAS A SIGNED BASEBALL THAT WAS SIGNED BY THE TEAM MEMEBERS OF THE RED SOCKS. IT IS ORIGINAL CAUSE MY COUSIN WAS BOUNCER AT A BAR AND THEY ALL CAME IN AND SIGNED IT AND GAVE IT TO HIM ONE NIGHT. THEIR NAMES ARE TONY PEREZ, BUTCH HOBSON, GLENN HOFFMAN, BOB STANLEY, MIKE TORESS, DWIGHT EVANS, FRED LYNN, JOHN TUDOR, DAVE STAPLETON, DENNIS ECKERLAY, JIM RICE, PUDGE FISK, R. PARKER (i think), AND ? DELL, ANOTHER ONE IS CAROL YAS??? NOT REALLY SURE ON THE LAST THREE'S NAMES. MY AUNT SAID WONDERS IF THERE IS ANY VALUE TO THIS BALL CAUSE MY COUSIN TOLD HER TO KEEP IT OR SELL IT IF THERE IS ANY VALUE, HER OPTION. SHE SAID THAT THE RED SOCKS JUST ONE SOMETHING OR OTHER SO SHE THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE THE TIME TO SELL IT IF IF HAD ANY VALUE............COULD YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT...........I BEEN LOOKING BUT DON'T USUALLY FIND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR ANYWAY........THANKS, SUSAN

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Signed Red Sox ball ???

That ball would be worth about $200 to me. The tough thing about autographs is authenticating them. Now is the time for her to sell it though, quite a few people on the Sox bandwagon right now. Have her put it on Ebay and see what she can get for it.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

if it's legit, you got a few hall of fame sigs<br />on that ball OMC! probably worth a good amount <br />of $ with the sox winning the series this year.<br />need to get it appraised by one of the big<br />auction houses like christies. beware of the<br />guy in the mall who trys to buy it for $200.<br />carol yas is carl yastremsky (sp), pudge fisk is<br />carlton fisk. do a search on red-sox roster from<br />the mid 70's I think... maybe '76?<br />very cool!

gaugeguy

Captain

Beware of me :p <br /><br />I bought a signed photo of Yaz and Pudge (with cert. of authenticity) 6 or 7 years ago for $75. A couple of the other signatures may be Louis Tiant, Rick Burleson and "Spaceman" Bill Lee.

gaugeguy

Captain

You also have to remember, these guys are still all alive and accessible to the public.

tylerin

Commander

Can you cut out Tony Perez and send it to me :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

LOL at GG :p <br />an origional 70's team signed ball is worth more<br />than a modern day sig IMO. worth getting an<br />honest appraisal for at least.

gaugeguy

Captain

I just looked on Ebay for Red Sox signed balls w/ COA, and the 2004 team ball was around $300. They had the 86 team (faded signatures) for $150 or so and nothing on the 75 team.

mattttt25

Commander

don't go ebay. go to dedicated sports memorabilia company. get two independent appraisals. may be worth selling to them, or if it's real hot, go auction.