Sierra 18-7013 > Quicksilver OEM carb kit number

Zenvalo

Seaman
I ordered and installed what I thought was the OEM carb kit for my '73 Merc 500. The Quicksilver kits I used were 1399-4218. It was almost completely wrong. Gaskets, idle needle, jets, float needle/seat etc... Can anyone help me figure out the actual OEM kit number please? The one previously noted was "verified" by members here on iBoats, but I need to know what the correct one is without any doubt whatsoever. These aren't very cheap the second time around as many of you may know. I'd hate to buy and open another set of kits and find out they're also incorrect.

Thanks in advance!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sierra 18-7013 > Quicksilver OEM carb kit number

The OEM kit is 1395-9262-1 and the Sierra is 18-7013..

Zenvalo

Seaman

Thanks for that info! If you don't mind me asking, where did you find that? I've been looking all over the net with no luck.

Zenvalo

Seaman

Another quick question... Is it necessary to replace the long idle needle at the top and the jet (.063) in the bottom? The OEM kits come with those, but are also 3-4 times more expensive. If those don't "go bad", then I'll probably just go with a Sierra kit that comes with the needle, seat and gaskets.

Also, is there a way I can buy new welch plugs individually? Aftermarket kits do not have them and the ones included in the other kits I bought are too big. I was able to get the old ones back in, but I don't think they sealed like they should have considering the removal method. Thanks!