side window, remove or not

CV16

Chief Petty Officer
So, the Glastron I bought last season has these side windows that I wish were not there. They look easy enough to remove. I'm just wondering if the glass is needed for the strength.

Attachments

• photo250002.jpg
    photo250002.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 0

thumpar

Admiral
Are you talking about just taking the glass out or removing the frame too? I am sure there is some support from the glass to hold the frame which holds the front glass up. If you remove the side frame and all to me it would look funny and the front glass would probably sag. Why do you want to take it out? Mine is the same look but with wing windows and like the look of it curving around and blending in on the sides.

CV16

Chief Petty Officer
I would leave the frame in place. I get no air flow while driving, same with the passenger. I have another older Glastron CV16 with the frame and no glass from factory and it looks fine. If it had wing windows I'd be fine with it.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Looking at it, if you could remove the glass and fashion a more contoured curvature down, it would allow the wind in and still support the front glass. JMHO

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
No side glass on my Larson. The frame does keep the windshield secure.
DSCF0004_zpsjnhwfut8.jpg

CV16

Chief Petty Officer
I think I'll remove the glass and see how it goes. That way I can always put it back if needed. I think this was a bad design from the start.