Sick OSXI

chris madden

Recruit
I have a 2006 5.7 OSXI GF engine(ser# 4012194330) in my Four Winns 28' cruiser with 185 hrs on the engine. On 3 occaisions recently when I started my engine it ran for about 30 seconds and just shut down. Each time I was able to start it but the 4th time was the end. Engine will crank but absolutely will not start. I looked and my mechanic did some checking. Fuel pump is priming when the key is turned on,all fuses and relays looked good. Do not see any loose or worn wires plus I put in a whole new coil assembly. All other electrical and gauges work. Getting spark when key is on but seems to lose spark when engine is cranked. Had a mechanic from another marina come by with a computer analyzer but he couldn't get that to work. One guy online told me to change my starter switch but couldn't explain to me the relevence. There are no dealers in my immediate area. Would appreciate some good suggestions here. I've been down for about two weeks now.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Sick OSXI

Do you have fuel pump pressure? Both low and high pressure pumps? Not just you can hear them do you have fuel pressure.

Do you have spark from the coil?