Should I use autoblend oilmixer

Max7

Seaman
I bought a Mercury outboard 115hp 1987 power thrim oilinjected,but the oilinjected sytem is with an autoblend the one tha use a module, the motor have the 6 cylinders, good compresion 120ps and 115ps, My question is should I get rid off it and go with the premix or should I keep it, I been hearing tha this autoblends are not good? this autoblend is oringinal from the motor, because on the cover of the motor saids oilinjected,any advice please. :confused:

Trent

Captain
Re: Should I use autoblend oilmixer

Id get rid of it if it was mine. That autoblend was not the best....and its getting pretty old.<br /><br />The Johnson is a 1980 year model.

phatmanmike

Captain

just to warn you, 50% of the people will say keep it and 50 % will say ditch it.... it has drwa backs and it has advantages, it turns totally to what you want. if you pre mix,you dont have to worry bout an injector failing and burning that cylinder, but then you worry bout if you mixed it or not... i myself would run premix.... premix has lasted how many years now?

2springers26

Seaman

we pull every auto bled that comes in.. they FAIL!!!!! if they fail open... Lots of oil.. If the fail closed NO oil... you have a 50% chance..... i think i'd like better odds

KCLOST

Commander

There is never anything wrong with pre-mix... In my opinion...<br />Trolling with big motors may cause fouling of plugs with pre-mix, but there's also synthetic oils to help prevent this...<br />Good luck...

bbarrons

Cadet

I had an autoblend and it failed. It locked open and dumped 1 gal of oil into a 6 gal tank. We had to yank out the autoblend. take out some of the oil laden gas and put it into another tank that had not been contaminated and then we limped home...... took us about 3 hours to get back..... I ran on premix after that....