Short Catamaran Center Console

jspringator

Chief Petty Officer
I have an older Bayliner Ciera, but I am considering something small that I could store in my back yard. I've probably used it 5 times in the last 4 years. At first i thought an Edgewater 145cc would be perfect, but then thought a Cat might be better.

I then found a 33rd Strike Group High Gunnel Center Console 16 footer that might be cheaper and ride better. I want to be able to run it in Lake Cumberland where it gets very rough, but have the option of towing behind my motorhome for use in Florida, where the shallow draft of a cat would definitely be a plus.

The 33rd Strike Group is a new company, so there aren't any used models available. I don't want a new one for my very occasional use. Is there another boat that is similar that I could buy used? How do these little cats ride?

Willyclay

Captain
Always desired a catamaran hull but never could get past the cockpit tunnel hump found on most I saw; i.e. Livingstons, Twin-Vee's, etc. Never heard of 33rd Strike Group but a quick check of their website indicates no tunnel humps and aluminum construction. Local boat show is this weekend and will post comments if I see one or other brands. Good luck!

bwraven

Cadet
You might consider a Livingston 155 Warrior. 15.5' long, 7.5 wide. Will handle any water (I have had it out in the Straight of Juan de Fuca many times, and out in the Pacific Ocean proper several times.)

Here is what mine looked like bare bones before I set it up the way I wanted it...

livingston%20warrior%202_zpscmpkqwfd.jpg

livingston%20warrior_zpsby1chjxu.jpg