Shore Power Recommendation

76SeaRay

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I am setting up dual batteries (start and house) using the Blue Seas ACR. I am clear on how that hookup is done but wondering about the best shore power charger model (including galvanic protection) and how to properly connect it to the ACR circuits. I expect to occasionally spend the night on guest docks but more interested in using the shore power set up as an easy connection when parked in my yard to keep batteries trickle charged (just unplug and head for the launch ramp). Not really planning to run appliances except maybe a small refrigerator. I will be trailering so not connected full time in moorage except for the overnight stays. Recommended models and wiring diagram?

Thanks..

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
The charger has to be sized to met the demand.
How big are your batteries and what is your amp hour usage?

76SeaRay

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Just thinking about typical 65AH deep cycle RV/Marine batteries at this time. All lighting will be LED on the house battery and the only other item is a AM/FM/CD stereo (no high power amps) and water pump for the sink. So, load is pretty low on the house battery (haven't calculated it yet). Just looking to see what is out there in the way of a shore power charger for the two batteries at about 65AH each and how to connect to charge them both at the same time while the ACR is also connected.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Just thinking about typical 65AH deep cycle RV/Marine batteries at this time. All lighting will be LED on the house battery and the only other item is a AM/FM/CD stereo (no high power amps) and water pump for the sink. So, load is pretty low on the house battery (haven't calculated it yet). Just looking to see what is out there in the way of a shore power charger for the two batteries at about 65AH each and how to connect to charge them both at the same time while the ACR is also connected.
Battery life is proportional to depth of discharge. Anything below 50% discharge is detrimental to battery life.

Having said that, the charger needs to be sized to the load and the amount of time you have to charge them. It would take 6.5 hours to charge 65 AH (2 batteries @ 50% discharge) with a 10 amp charger......See where this is headed?

Charger wise, connecting the charger to one battery will charge both thru the ACR.