Shopping list - didn't get a thing on it

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer
You ever make a shopping list and go into Wal-mart.. You walk around and start putting things in the cart you forgot to add to the list and the stuff on the list is out-of-stock or they don't carry it anymore.. I really hate that, becuase when I get to the check-out and spend $90 bucks, they always ask, Did you find everything you were looking for today?.. Nope, but I'll be back..

dolluper

Captain
Re: Shopping list - didn't get a thing on it

At least you use a list my Wifee just throws everything in the cart whether we need it or not.Making me go back later for the stuff we really need like TP and tamp-00ns :D :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

My list is about what NOT to buy as much as it is what to buy, but that means I have to list everything I need or want. If it aint on the list, it doesn't get bought on this trip.<br /><br />Wallyworld NEVER has everything on my list. I think they discontinue some items because they have discovered that they are the only ones I buy.<br /><br />That means, for example, that I have to drive an extra 20 miles to get Godiva Belgian Dark Chocolate ice cream, an absolute necessity more important than even beer. . . well, almost as important anyway.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I dont think I have ever escaped WalMart with a total less than 100 dollars. :mad: <br /><br />Ken

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I never take a list to Wal-Mart, and I almost always remember something I needed when I get home. It wouldn't matter because I would forget to write it on the list too. $50 seems to be my minimum at Wal-mart...

FSHKPR

Ensign

i HATE walmart! it does more damage to the contents of my wallet than my wife

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

I think the best buy I ever got was a 109 dollar kneeboard for 24 dollars and my ozark pants for 5 bucks each they usually cost 20.. Sometimes they forget about summer stock and it gets buried in the back, so they blow it out at the end of November.. Always check the sporting goods department I bought the best gifts there.. If you really look you'll find stuff that was 17-20 bucks priced down to 2-3 dollars..

PW2

Commander

For some reason, I can't stand Walmart. I do ok if I am on a mission to get one thing and gone...But the notion of wandering around the store would never happen with me--My limit is about 5 minutes, and I often escape without getting anything at all.<br /><br />Don't know why. It is in no way a political judgement. There is just something that bothers me about their stores, and don't know exactly what it is.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I HATE Walmart....They are unclean, un-organized, and at least around here not a single one of them has inteligent employees. I shopped there once in the last year and being that I have worked in retail the past 5 years i think my observations count for something. Just walking the store you can tell they are geared for making money and not catering to the customer. I saw lots of things that simply blew my mind. Complete lack of safety standards of any kind. (paper toweling and glass bottles on riser shelves stacked in a manner that would cause them to fall if the shelf unit got bumped, shelves that were broken and had shap edges exposed, dirt and garbage all over the floor.....) I have yet to walk into that store and not see most of those characteristics. just my 2 cents

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I go into wallmart sporadically and wonder about usually ending up in the sports department.This spring I found a real steal.The 150 quart igloo 5 day coolers.I asked how much they are,fully expecting to hear something around a hundred dollars.The salesman checked and said they cost $28.I bought 5 and gave them as birthday presents to friends and family.I came back last week for more,except they were priced at $138 this time...

crab bait

Captain

in the texas heat,, 20 miles.. JB,, you gotta NOT make it back home in ice cream form.. <br /><br />i know,, you sit in the parkin' lot an scarf it down.. but you'd do that if'n it was 2 miles.. :) ..<br /><br /><br />good joke here...<br /><br />my wife got her credit card stolen.. <br />i was gonna cancel it until i got the monthly bill..<br />come to find out,, the thief was spendin' less..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I keep an Igloo 50qt Extra Cold Marine cooler in my truck, Crabby. <br /><br />Without that I would never get anything frozen home before it thawed. :D

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Walmart doesn't kill my wallet as bad as Costco...and I still don't have anything on the list. :eek:

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I do not shop at Walmart anymore, i quit doing that back in august 1993. for me its just a matter of principle.<br />The only box stores that i shop at is the local Lowes and Home Depot, i buy my groceries at Albertsons or Krogers, fresh fruit and veggies i get from the local roadside vegetable market.